No announcement yet.

Questions about unclaimed money......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mary................was the "Clarence Railway" bit part of Agatha's story, or was it part of the next story.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
      Do you know how to find what the trust was or where it came from, Merry?

There was Agatha's aunt's will, but that was 1848.
      No, that's why I posted this thread!! :D In the hope someone else could have that brainwave!!!

Comment

(There's a lot about the Clarence Railway. Wonder if a list of Shareholders exists anywhere?)

Libby

I don't THINK you can see the terms of the Trust unless you can prove a connection.

However, in your position, I would try an email to the Chancery, outlining your suspicions that she is your missing Agatha and asking what information they can divulge. A bored clerk might take this up and run with it.

OC

Comment

OC........................you probably already know I'm stpid, but I'll just confirm it. LOL.

Where do I find the Chancery?? Google???

Agatha's rellies were often living off railway monies. Her Lancashire lot owned masses of iron foundries, so presume had something to do with rail as well.

Comment

Isn't the Clarence Railway entry just alphabetically next to Clark, Agatha??

Comment

This might be useful: Shareholders of the Clarence Railway

papers

I'll have a look for a link to the Chancery. There is some Chancery stuff on TNA but you will have to brave that site yourself - I'm too scared to go on it, lol.

OC

Comment

This is how the Clarence Railway appears in the Gazette.....next to Agatha, but surely not the same entry??

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                  Isn't the Clarence Railway entry just alphabetically next to Clark, Agatha??

That's what I thought????????????? But my thoughts are often wrong.lol

Comment

Durh.

Right, sorry everyone. I have just managed to open the link and the Clarence Railway bit is a red herring.

I'll go and wash up, then....

OC

Comment

It's a separate entry. That's the problem with the Google book snippets - they're just scanned and OCR'd, and they don't always start a new paragraph when they should.

I've had a very quick look in the TNA, overseas deaths, IGI, censuses and BMDs, and I haven't found anything.

Comment

I have found a couple of references on A2A to a Douglas Ariel Clark and a Myles Ariel Clark, but too late to be useful (around 1900).

OC

Comment

OC.....they are Agatha's grandchildren. There is also a Joseph Arthur Myles Ariel Clark.

Can you imagine the poor kid learning to write that at school????????

Comment

Libby

LOL!

(The documents concern Ancient Leases)

OC

Comment

Wish I knew what that meant as well. The Ariels had a swag of those mentioned.

Comment

Libby

Ancient as in really really really old! Can be very useful genealogically as you can often trace the leases back hundreds of years.

I have one lease granted in 1200-something which gets a mention again in the late 1700s!

Won't help you find Aggie though.

OC

Comment

No it probably won't LOL.

I've got all her children through to 1901.

I cannot believe this Clark family has noboby researching them on GR or Curious Fox or anywhere else I've looked over the years. Maybe they were just so well known they didn't have to use the web to look. Thought maybe if I went back I'd see something.

Not yet!!!

Comment

Just a thought- I don't know whether the Court Funds Office might be able to help -

Unclaimed balances - Offices of Court Funds, Official Solicitor and Public Trustee
                                    Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Thanks, Joan.............I'll email them. You have to write with proof and all that, but I figure they might tell me if it's worth doing.

I only want to see who started the fund so I can work out if it is my Agatha. Her husband was a solicitor so you'd think he'd have known about it and cancelled it when she died. After all he calls himself a widower in 1851.

Comment

*frets that she might not be the right Agatha*

*has sleepless nights*

Comment

Libby - isn't Agatha your OH's relation?

I think maybe a divorce would be in order..................I'm sure the courts would accept Agatha as grounds......

Comment

Working...
                                          X