No announcement yet.

Questions about unclaimed money......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think so Muggins, as it is covered by a Trust and not simply floating around ownerless.

However, I don't know the rules either, but I do know that all Chancery money, if disposed of, has to be covered by an insurance policy in case a legal claimant steps forward at some date.

*Gob smacked at how CLEVER Merry is - this jumps off the page as being right*

OC

Comment

I Just Want The Body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

Comment

I vaguely thought that Bona Vacantia covered trusts over a certain size that for whatever reason could not be administered
        Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Getting off the money (sounds like I don't neet it???)

I wonder if the name Giacobbi (if it is my Agatha) was something thought up by the Clarks????

I have my personal theory that she was "done away with".

Comment

Libby

Strikes me Giacobbi is a name begging to be mistranscribed as Jacobi or even Jackerby, lol.

Still, they knew she was dead.....

OC

Comment

Libby

Probably a complete red herring (although I think not)

Google brings up just one hit for Agatha Giacobbi on a peculiar site to do with Flight Training - but there are other Giacobbis named on there.

This lady is obviously a living person, so not yours - but the coincidence of names is compelling don't you think? You wouldn't suddenly up and call a modern child Agatha unless you had good reason to.

Might be worth following that if all else fails.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                Still, they knew she was dead.....
                Unless she was just late for her appointment at the court.:D:D
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Mmmm, wonder how much proof you had to supply in those days - surely the Chancery lawyers would want more than just a family say-so?

OC

Comment

OC..........I'll look. Just got OH off to work (phew) lol.

Giacobbi was a composer of church music in the 1600s. Now, if this is my Agatha, she would probably have known that. Her family are listed as subscribers to all sorts of arts, books and books of sermons.

Wordsworth knew Agatha's great grandfather (and wrote a ballad about his doings).
                    Emily Bronte taught Agatha's sister (Jane Eyre Ariel) just before she wrote Jane Eyre.
                    Emily Bronte dedicated her book to William Thackaray, whose father worked for many years for Agatha's grandfather.
                    So the arts were well entrenched.

Just thinking out loud here. Probably Agatha Giacobbi's family will pop up here in a minute and dash it all.

Comment

If you search Agatha Giacobbi in google books, you get two hits that are "this" Agatha.

Just can't read them, but seems to relate to a will of John Clark. Haven't heard of him.
                      Of coures that could be another unrelated bit on the page.

Uncle John LOL.

Comment

Just had a look at those bits Mary found on google books - so, who is Clarence Clark, otherwise Giacobbi then???

OC

Comment

No idea.

Comment

OC.....I think Clarendon is there because he's above a Clark. Just seems to be the way the search results are sorted.

Comment

That's right, it's a scanning error. John Clark is also an unrelated person on the same page.
                              Last edited by Mary from Italy; 06-03-08, 20:04.

Comment

Have a look at the research guide on National Archives site - no 21. It all looks EXTREMELY complicated, and seems that you have to PROVE a connection to be allowed to look at the case.
                                The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
                                Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Why am I reading "Clarence Clark otherwise Giacobbi"then??

Mind you the link won't open to read further - Windows Explorer has aborted apparently!

OC

Comment

The only Giacobbi I can see on the English BMD registers is Casagrande Giacobbi, who died at Pancras in 1904 aged 44. Can't see him on the censuses, and there's no birth or marriage for him.

Comment

Why am I reading "Clarence Clark otherwise Giacobbi"then??
                                      Because two columns have been run into one.

It's been correctly transcribed in the other snippet as follows:

"... of Agatha Clark, otherwise Giacobbi, deceased. Ex parte the Company of
                                      Proprietors of the Clarence Railway. "
                                      Last edited by Mary from Italy; 06-03-08, 20:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Muggins in Sussex View Post
                                        Don't know the rules, but would the money have become Bona Vacantia after all this time?
                                        I don't think we are bothered about the money (well, Libby might be! lol)......what we want to know is, is this lady the same Mrs Agatha Clark? If we could know details of he trust, such as who set it up, we might be laughing! (sorry, I'd been writing this post for 40 mins!)
                                        Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 06-03-08, 20:13.

Comment

Do you know how to find what the trust was or where it came from, Merry?

There was Agatha's aunt's will, but that was 1848.

Comment

Working...
                                          X