Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi June
    How great that you found us here and posted

It looks like your DOWNTING ancestor was not VIOLET's husband after all (wrong initials) but well, it was interesting searching for him.

Have you added your names to the GEDCOM here?
    You never know, there may be others on here with a connection :D

Hope to see you on here again :D
    Alison

Researching:
    CAVE, CUCKOW/COSHOW, DAKIN, GILBERT, GINN, HUXLEY, LEATT, LETTEN, PATTERSON, PERRY, PORTER, SOMMERVILLE, WEEDON, WHITING
    http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=1025
    http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=2650

Comment

Violet Jessop Maythorn

Originally posted by allie island View Post
      Not sure if this is the right board for this but......

I'm reading 'Titanic Survivor' by Violet Jessop (edited & annotated by John Maxtone-Graham) and seeing as I'm a nosey person ;) I was intrigued by a vague ref about her mysterious and 'disastrous' marriage, and the fact that even the family never referred to the husband.
      So.......I looked on Ancestry but the only marriage of a Violet Jessop was to a THOMAS E. DOWNTING at BEAMINSTER in 1928 (5a 505)

I was wondering if anyone on here has a connection with the DOWNTING family - or the JESSOPs - I've looked on the GEDCOM but no luck.

Just me being inquisitive really
      Hi there, I was browsing the internet and came across your post, whilst I appreciate your post dates from 2008 I thought I'd contact you regardless. Basically I live in the house known as Maythorn in Gt Ashfield. We have a whole rake of historical paperwork associated with the house and even and old document signed by Violet Jessop herself. The document states that at the time of purchase her surname was Lewis, I presume this was her married name. Anyway, I know this is all fairly low level info but thought it might help close out your original enquiry if not done so already.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Mark.

Alison, who posted the original query, hasn't visited the forum for some time. It might therefore be better to contact her via our message system. If you click on her name you will see an option to send a message. Providing her email address is still current, she will receive a notification of your message.
        Elaine

Comment

There was a marriage in Dec 1923 to a John J Lewis

Jessop Violet C Lewis Brentford 3a 454

and her "disasterous" marriage

Last edited by Katarzyna; 14-12-16, 17:56.
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Working...
          X