Orphanages---has anyone applied for details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orphanages---has anyone applied for details

Just wondered if anyone had applied for Admission details to an Orphanage,which their relatives were admitted to and what kind of help was given

If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Hi Ann,

I haven't but I was wondering if you have tried the adoption board, they might be able to help you out.

Depending on when the child was in the orphanage will depend on what information if any you will be able to access.
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Ann, if it was Barnardo's they do have quite a bit of detail which they will release to next of kin - but it costs,and there's a wait.

Here are the contact details:-

"Barnardo's
      Tanners Lane
      Barkingside
      Ilford
      Essex
      IG6 1QG
      Telephone: 020 8550 8822
      Fax: 020 8551 6870

For general enquiries, please contact Dorothy Howes, Information Officer, at the address above or email dorothy.howes@barnardos.org.uk."

or look on their website - barnardos.org.uk

If you ring they're usually very helpful, although it's only a small office so they're pretty busy.

Good luck,

Bee
      Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
      COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

Working...
      X