Local BMD site for Hartlepool??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local BMD site for Hartlepool??

I get so confused with some of the northern local BMD sites accessed via UK BMD. Does anybody know whether there is one that covers the Hartlepool district, please?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Tees Valley Indexes - Register of Births, Deaths & Marriages.

This site does Kite ;;
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Thanks, Babs. Now if only I could remember what I wanted it for!
      KiteRunner

Comment

Was it the Hedley ones

Comment

Yes, it was something to do with them. Think I've sorted it now, thanks.
          KiteRunner

Comment

If you're doing NE BMD stuff, this is quite a useful portmanteau site: North East Births, Marriages & Deaths

It has a schematic map of the area and links to the specific local BMD sites, labelling the ones with online indexes.

(It's in the second half of the list of Local BMD sites on UKBMD - Births, Marriages, Deaths Indexes & Census transcriptions for the UK, On-Line)

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Yes, I have looked at that before, but the map never seems to show the names of the towns that I want so as I don't know the geography of the area very well, I never know which bit to click on!
              KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                Yes, I have looked at that before, but the map never seems to show the names of the towns that I want so as I don't know the geography of the area very well, I never know which bit to click on!
                :D That would be a bit of a handicap! In that sort of situation, I use Multimap or Google Maps or something to check the location, and then try.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Oh well, I have got an atlas so I can look in there!
                  KiteRunner

Comment

Thanks for the reminder about Hartlepool. It encouraged me to have another look for the Widow and Children of my Grandad's Brother (Killed in 1918 WW1). AND I think I may have found her re-marriage in 1919. Poor woman was left with 5 children aged 5 to 13. Grandad never spoke about them and it was only a few years ago that I found out about his existence.
                    Grampa Jim passed away September 2011

Comment

Thanks for that one Christine I didnt have that site in my favorites ;;

Comment

Working...
                      X