Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104
Results 1,031 to 1,036 of 1036

Thread: Look ups offered in Alverstoke/Gosport hants

The addition of Portsmouth area records to FMP is the best news for me. I have spent the past few viewing and downloading images for my many ancestors and wider family from the area.

Grasshopper - FMP is the abbreviation for FindMyPast.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Hi Bertie! That,s good news then! Pity my subs are with Ancestry though and not FMP!!!

Might have to consider going back to FMP then although I had trouble negotiating that site last time I joined it!

Lesley

Hi all - the Bishops Transcripts of these records are indexed on familysearch.org. If you go to a familysearch library you can view the images. The Parish records are also on-line you may need to search the Catalog for the film number - again these films can be browsed in a familysearch library - you can find your nearest familysearch library on their website. familysearch is currently digitising all their films so it is worth checking the catalog for what has been digitised. Some of the films can be accessed from home, others you need to be in a familysearch library
    Regards
    Gillian

Quote Originally Posted by Punchs mum View Post
    Hi Bertie! That,s good news then! Pity my subs are with Ancestry though and not FMP!!!

Might have to consider going back to FMP then although I had trouble negotiating that site last time I joined it!

Lesley
    One option is to buy just a month's sub. (I think about £10) - if you are well organised and know which records you want it might be a very cost effective option.

The records cover the deaneriis of Fareham, Gosport, Havant & Portsmouth.

As far as I can see FMP has all the records familysearch have [indexed] and more up to c1916 although I've found some of the transcription names a bit different. But if you know an event happened it's easy enough to tweak the search box content.

Thanks for the tips Bertie! Might wait and see if they do a free weekend or is it only Ancestry that do that? Must admit my researching has wained a bit lately, can't seem to get back any further with my elusive Richard Dyer b.I.O.W! I think everybody named Dyer had a son named Richard!!

I just double checked and I can get FMP through my local library in Australia. Yay! I might even be able to help someone out.
    hscott21c

Searching: Buxey, Taulbut, Brown/e & Jannaway - Hampshire.