Page 1 of 105 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Look ups offered in Alverstoke/Gosport hants

Look ups offered in Alverstoke/Gosport hants

Anyone need any look-ups in Alverstoke/Gosport Our local Study Centre keep Parish Records for this area on microfiche. Am able to do searches of baptisms, marriages and burial records if anyone needs anything checked out. Let me know and I will see what I can do.
    Lesley.
    Last edited by Punchs mum; 04-09-09 at 08:49.

Oh Hello dear ;;;well I dont know if my G Grandad was born there or not , it changes spelling from on census from Alverston to Alverton, Alvethorpe ;;
    he is William Taylor b ab 1861 father William Taylor ;;;would be so grateful if you could find him ;;;
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Would you believe, my tree is full of Taylors! Will check out the Parish Records for you when I am in town this week. Will keep you posted.
    Lesley

Boro babs....do you know his Williams mothers name at all? Lesley

Just about all my Redmans & Sangers are from Alverstoke!

That's a kind offer, Lesley, but I think I shall have to visit, myself!

There are bits of my tree, and of OH's, who stray in that direction - but I should want to get copies of the PR entries, not just transcriptions.

Having said that, if you see and PAFOOTs (or variants - but don't bother with actual PAFFORDs, because they're the more modern variant and I haven't moved forward far enough to know which ones I'd want.), some transcriptions might be useful - either as new data or to confirm/fill out existing info.

thanks
    Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Lesley oh thanks and fingers X ,,,no we dont know his mothers name only the person he married ;;;Mary Ann Pickering ;;

Christine copies of Parish Records are not a problem. They are only 30p a go! Some are not as clear as one would want but most are readable. Will have a look for you for some Pafoots! I know in my searches I have seen Paffords though!!
    Lesley

Blog Entries
    Babs, wasn't he born in Yorkshire rather than Hampshire? Or am I thinking of somebody else?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Yes thought so Kite but now carnt find him looking anywhere that looks like Alver???? at end ;;