Page 99 of 105 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103 ... LastLast

Thread: Look ups offered in Alverstoke/Gosport hants

Have you seen that his Will is available to download from the National archives site for £3.45?
    Maybe some more info on there!

Punchsmum

Thanks Pumchsmum! I found it and it just lists him as a gentleman. I think his father might be Walter Bowler of Kinsale but can't be sure. I guess a burial record during that time period wouldn't have much more on it than his name anyway. He is a bit of a mystery. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by akissling View Post
    Thanks Pumchsmum! I found it and it just lists him as a gentleman. I think his father might be Walter Bowler of Kinsale but can't be sure. I guess a burial record during that time period wouldn't have much more on it than his name anyway. He is a bit of a mystery. Thanks!
    Did you not download a copy of his actual Will? It may give you some clues to more information. Mind you, it will probably be difficult to read! The older Wills usually are!
    Punchsmum

I was able to get it. Just no clues from what I can make out. It is very interesting and has information about his children (Mary, his only daughter is my ancestor). You weren't kidding about the older wills. While the writing is so neat and tidy it is very difficult to make out some of it!

It's a gamble buying a Will. Sometimes it pays off sometimes nothing gained! You never just never know. At least you have it now for your records.

Punchsmum

Helen Brock (bond) passed away in lancashire, Enfland

Quote Originally Posted by Punchs mum View Post
    It's a gamble buying a Will. Sometimes it pays off sometimes nothing gained! You never just never know. At least you have it now for your records.

Punchsmum
    The will was worth it to confirm his son and daughter. It is also interesting looking at who the executors were. It turns out one of them signed up his son as an apprentice (he was a surgeon). The kids were under 18 and I am guessing he might have been their guardian. Totally worth the cost so thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Montgomery1 View Post
    Hello
    My grandfather first wife died in about 1898. She was born in Scotland. I was wondering if you could find a death certificate
    His name was William Henry Bond born in Alverstoke in 1861 father Samuel Bond 1839-1899
    My grandfathers first wife was Helen Brock born in scotland.
    I am looking for the death certificate of Helen Brock born 1862 in Fife Scotland she married by grandfather in India. (William H Bond b. 1862 Born In Alverstoke, Hampshire .Then moved back to England, in 1891 in Lancaster, Lancashire. She died at 36.
    Helen Brock (bond) passed away in lancashire, Enfland
    This appears to be the death registration - found on FreeBMD

Name: Ellen Bond
    Age at death 36 (therefore born c1862)
    Death registered in 1898 4th qtr (Oct-Nov-Dec)
    District: Lancaster
    Volume: 8e
    Page: 508

A copy of the death certificate can be ordered from the General Register Office - costs £9.25
    Elaine

Quote Originally Posted by akissling View Post
    Is there any chance of finding a Will for the supposed father? There might be a clue there to link the names together?

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Quote Originally Posted by Christine in Herts View Post
    Is there any chance of finding a Will for the supposed father? There might be a clue there to link the names together?

Christine
    Thanks for the great suggestion. I was able to find the will of Walter's brother William (a navy surgeon) but not Walter.