Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Look ups offered in Alverstoke/Gosport hants

Boro Babs, Re your William Taylor b1861c........Have you looked at the 1871 Census. There is a William Taylor b.Dec 1862 in Alverstoke. Father William Taylor, a policeman and mother Elizabeth. Could this be any relation to you? If it is I can get you a copy of the Parish Record for his baptism from our local Study Centre.

Lesley

Christine in Herts. Had a quick look today in Study Centre. Have found a Frances Pafoot married to John Jeffrey on 28/4/1808. Witness Ann Warren and James ?? (unreadable!))

S*ds law..... today had someone waiting to use the one and only decent microfiche after me so had to cut visit short. Usually I can use it as long as I want. If this is a connection and you need the print out, I can get one for you. Hoping to visit and search some more on Thurs/Sat. Hopefully with no one breathing down my neck!! Will keep you posted
    Lesley

Lesley have no idea babe , but dont think so as on there wedding cert it says William Taylor father labourer (deceased) dont think policeman would have ever been labourer ;; they married in 1884
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Punchs mum View Post
    Christine in Herts. Had a quick look today in Study Centre. Have found a Frances Pafoot married to John Jeffrey on 28/4/1808. Witness Ann Warren and James ?? (unreadable!))

S*ds law..... today had someone waiting to use the one and only decent microfiche after me so had to cut visit short. Usually I can use it as long as I want. If this is a connection and you need the print out, I can get one for you. Hoping to visit and search some more on Thurs/Sat. Hopefully with no one breathing down my neck!! Will keep you posted
    Lesley
    Just had to vacate the big computer where it's easiest to find out where I'm up to. OH needs to get some work done before tomorrow. (Subsequently got there via the in-house network!)

Having said that, there are so few PAFOOTs around that there's almost certain to be a connection somewhere along the line, as I get to know them better. I have that Frances (provisionally) as being the Fanny who was 1st cousin to my Gx3-g-mother, Elizabeth FOSTER, née PAFOOT. I haven't got quite enough info to work out the connections yet. Sometimes they spell the name with only one O, or with two Fs or two Ts - or any permutation of those! Charles, John or Elizabeth as first names are particularly promising for my tree, along with William and Ann.

I think I probably could justify getting my own set of fiches for St Mary's Portsea and St Mary's Portchester - and, probably St Thomas's, too! With CHRISTMAS and RUSSELL, especially - and some from OH's tree, as well!

In OH's tree there is this marriage:
    2 Feb 1843, Alverstoke, John CONNARY (b c 1800) and Ann WHITEHEAD née SA(I)NSBUR(R)Y [M073578]
    I don't have a copy of that one yet - Mr Connary wasn't his ancestor - but it would be good to fill in the spaces.

And this one (for which I already have a cert, so don't really need the PR...):
    m 21 Oct 1853 Par Ch Alverstoke, Hants 2b/718 [M073579] Caroline Elizabeth WHITEHEAD and James COCK(S)
    Spinster, Gosport, of full age
    witnesses: R x Lacy & Margaret Millett (her mark)

Anything like that would be good. PM me with what I owe, if you're able to get me any copies.

thanks very much
    Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Christine, Forgot to say I did find some Paffetts as well, would they be any any possible connection to you? Lesley

I think there are a few occasions when the name gets rendered that way, thanks.

Even if they aren't mine, they'll help to identify which is which.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Smile Pafford/ Paffard family in Gosport

Hi Lesley
    My gt* grandparents Peter PAFFORD and Jane Golding and their eleven children lived in Gosport from around 1775. Peter was christened, married and buried in Titchfield. l am stuck at Peter so am trying to connect him with other Pafford's living in the SE Hampshire area in the 1700s.
    l am related via Peter's son Joseph who married Alley BERRY, daughter of Samuel and Ally Berry of Gosport.
    l would be very intested in anything you happen to come across about PAFFORD's (or PAFFARD)
    At this stage l don't know what, if any, is the connection to Christine's PAFFOOT's.
    Also in 1790's Samuel Berry was a victualler of "The Row Barge", Beach, Gosport do you know where that was or how l could find out anything about it?
    Thanks Rach

Lesley

I have the following family in Alverstoke

William Harris and Jane Bertha (transcribed as Bathia on IGI) Collins married 4 Feb 1787.

I know Jane died in Alverstoke 1856, William pre 1841, after 1804, possibly in Gosport or Alverstoke

If you are able to find any info on them, especially their burials, would be much appreciated.

Richard and Rachel, Will see if I can find anything out for you both when I visit the local study centre next week. Will keep you posted on anything I find.
    Lesley

Thanks Lesley