Page 102 of 105 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1042

Thread: Look ups offered in Alverstoke/Gosport hants

Oooops Bertie!
    No, I didn't see your request! It's been quiet for some time and now it's all coming at once! Lol
    Will add it to the list! Good job you pointed it out!

Lesley

bertie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertie View Post
    Hi again Lesley. I know you've just been but could you (at your leisure of course!) look up the following marriage for me, found just now in the papers?

Mary Ann WILKINSON 14 Jul 1867 St. John's Forton to Charles Richard LAMING

I am particularly interested in name and occ of father.

Thanks so much

Bertie,

If you look on Knightsroot.co.uk web site you will see the marriage of Mary wilkinson and a Charles Richard LANNING. Looks like what you are looking for. It's on page 131 of Forton Marriages. There are some other Lamings list as well

Lesley
    Last edited by Punchs mum; 19-06-16 at 12:08. Reason: Added to post

Thanks Lesley - you're very much on the ball aren't you!

Lookup for Raywhit.

Hi Ray,

I could find no marriage in 1813 for Henry Cresswell to Sophia Hannworth! There were no marriages between 13th and 20th December at St. Marys, Alverstoke.

I have reprinted the 1812 marriage cert. of Sophia Haworth and Cresswell for you. I know you didn't request that one but the image is so much clearer on the new equipment I thought you might like to see it!

Will scan to you this evening as I am using iPad at the moment!

Lesley

just to be clear, its knightroots not knightsroot

Linda & Tony Knight
    Hampshire OPC

Quote Originally Posted by Punchs mum View Post
    Bertie,

If you look on Knightsroot.co.uk web site you will see the marriage of Mary wilkinson and a Charles Richard LANNING. Looks like what you are looking for. It's on page 131 of Forton Marriages. There are some other Lamings list as well

Lesley

Apologies Linda and Tony Knight!
    I thought I had corrected it as I did realise my mistake after posting. Obviously I didn't!

Lesley
    Quote Originally Posted by knightroots View Post
    just to be clear, its knightroots not knightsroot

Linda & Tony Knight
    Hampshire OPC

Hi Lesley,

I've just discovered this thread, and wonder whether you might be able to check something for me if you have the chance. I'd be very grateful!

My ancestor Samuel Gibbins married Mary Ann Hatch at Alverstoke on 27 July 1802. I know this only from the marriage records available on Ancestry and Findmypast, so have not seen the original parish record. I'd be very interested to know whether that record contains more information than the index records, for example the names of the witnesses to the marriage (in the hope that one of those might also be a Gibbins, and therefore give me a clue to his family!)

Mary Hatch was from Bishop's Waltham, and her family seems pretty well-documented there. Samuel's Gibbins ancestry, though, is a bit of a mystery. I assume that he must have been a resident in Alverstoke for a certain period in order for the marriage to take place there, and it therefore seems possible that Alverstoke was the home of his immediate family. He was born in late 1775 or in 1776, and within a year of his marriage was living in London, where their children were born.

The death records show a Hannah Gibbins and a John Gibbins dying in Alverstoke in 1804, respectively on 12 February and 5 March. I don't know their ages at death - would this be shown in the parish records? There are records in the 18th and early 19th century of others named Gibbins (or Gibbens) in Portsmouth and area, as well as the quite well-documented Gibbins family in the Basingstoke area of Hampshire, but I feel that I will only be able to make a link with those families, if any, if I can find more details about Samuel and his immediate family in Alverstoke (if any!) circa 1802.

Thanks very much!

David

Hello David,

Will take a look at the Parish Records when I am in town and the Study Centre next to see what I can find. Don't go as often as I used to but will be ASAP

Lesley

Thanks very much Lesley. I had thought of visiting the Study Centre myself, but it would be a big trip for me and I felt that I needed just a little bit more about Sam Gibbins' Alverstoke connection to think that the visit would be worthwhile - and then I saw your very generous offer in this thread. I'd be very grateful for anything you might be able to find.