Page 101 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1042

Thread: Look ups offered in Alverstoke/Gosport hants

Hi Bertie,

Yes,you've been very quiet recently. Good to hear from you again.

Will check out the marriage for you as soon as I can get to town.

Lesley

Alverstoke look-up for Bertie

Finally managed to find the Microfiche Reader available today after two attempts last week!! Seems to be getting popular again.

Willam Clement OFA Widower Bricklayer of Gosport Father Joseph Clement Labourer
    married
    Elizabeth OFA Spinster of Gosport Father William Nisbett Labourer

Witness ? unfortunately couldn't be 100% on this one but looks like ? Windebank or Misslebrook??

other witness Mary Jane Turner.

Hope this helps Bertie

Lesley

Alverstoke Look up for Sumberlin Fields

Unfortunately, didn't have much luck with your request for a look up.

I did find the baptism of John Moone son of William and Ann . 16/6/1602. There was no other information and it was difficult to read but am almost sure the name was Ann and not Emme.

Did try to find the marriage of William and Ann but the fiche seems to start in 1589 and you quoted the marriage as being in 1588. Had great difficulty in reading the fiches of this era and must admit, in the end, I gave up!! Very time consuming plus I am not familiar with the new fiche reader they have now at the Study Centre. It is very slow too.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Lesley
    Last edited by Punchs mum; 14-06-16 at 20:00.

Thanks for the effort, Lesley. I knew it was a long shot, but it never hurts to ask.

John Moone came to Virginia in 1623 aboard the Returne of London sometime after February 23 because his name isn't on the "Census of the Living and the Dead in Virginia." In 1624/5 he was living near Jamestown at a place called Pasbehays with three servants when there was a "muster" taken of people living in Virginia. By February 1628/9, he was living in what would become Isle of Wight County when he was involved in a lawsuit brought against him by Mrs. Rachel Pollantine. In March he was back in court for saying some insulting things about the commander of the area, Nathaniel Bass. Starting in about 1633, he received several grants of land along Pagan Creek. His wife Susan came over before 1635 when she was granted 50 acres for her own "personal adventure." In 1639, John Moone was one of men selected to represent Isle of Wight County in the House of Burgess, also serving in that capacity in 1652 and 1654.

Susan predeceased him. His will is undated, but at the time of writing he was married to a woman named Prudence. She'd been a widow with two children also mentioned in the will, William Wilson and Joan Garland, wife of Peter Garland. The will was recorded August 12, 1655. John Moone's three daughters were Sarah, Susanna, and Mary. It is a assumed that Susan was their mother. They would marry John Pitt, Thomas Norsworthy, and Thomas Green respectively. After the death of Thomas Green in 1686, Mary would marry Philip McCoddin before 1689. She was still alive in 1712 when she witnessed the will of her son-in-law, John Davis. I descend from the daughter of John and Mary Davis, Prudence. Mary Green Davis died in 1714. Her mother isn't mentioned in the will, so I think she'd died as well. Prudence married twice. First to John Wrenn who died in about 1734 or 1735, then to Nicholas Bourden in 1736. I come from this second marriage. She had two children with Wrenn and five with Bourden.

Becky

Thanks Lesley. It was a bit of a long shot, but definitely worth it as Elizabeth was quite an elderly spinster when she married and the father confirms it and he [the husband] was even older! SO, many thanks again
    Last edited by Bertie; 15-06-16 at 11:17.

Pleased to be able to help, Bertie!

Lesley

Hi again Lesley. I know you've just been but could you (at your leisure of course!) look up the following marriage for me, found just now in the papers?

Mary Ann WILKINSON 14 Jul 1867 St. John's Forton to Charles Richard LAMING

I am particularly interested in name and occ of father.

Thanks so much

Hi Lesley

Just a quick request when next you visit the study centre could you look up this marriage:-

Name Henry Wm. Creswell
    Spouse's Name Sophia Hanford
    Event Date 17 Dec 1813
    Event Place Alverstoke, Hampshire, England

I have a marriage from the previous year, 1812, for a couple with similar names which you kindly provided me several years ago. I’m particularly interested in the quoted age of Sophia and if consent had to be granted if under age. If this record does exist please try to get a scan, it may be of interest to another researcher.

Ray

Hi Ray, am not at home at the moment but those names ring a bell! Didn't Wm Cresswell marry Sophie HAWFORD?
    Will check my paperwork later....just that the names sound familiar.

Anyway, will check out the dates for you when am in town next.

Lesley

Lesley - just to check....did you clock my request above? Thanks for all your help