Military births in Malta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military births in Malta

Can anyone start me off on the process of how to see birth certificates of family born in Malta in the C19th? In both the cases I am researching their fathers were in the services. Many thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to FTF. They should be in the overseas section of the GRO indexes and I am sure someone will pop along in a minute with some help. Mine were in the Maltese indexes as his wife was Maltese so I can give a bit of help it that becomes the case!
    Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

While we're waiting have you read this?

Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

You can view the overseas index of BMDs on Family Relatives

Family History . Genealogy . Ancestor . Ancestry . Family Tree . Family Relatives
        Elaine

Comment

Overseas indexes are also available on findmypast at http://www.findmypast.com
          I personally find it easier to search them on there than on Family Relatives.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I found some entries for my rellies here:

Malta Family History

Comment

Many thanks for all your very rapid responses - I'm impressed! I'll all the tips a go later.

Comment

I managed to get a Malta Birth Cert 1871 - through the GRO - it was I think (off the top of my head) £10.

Pembroke barracks - British military base.

Quite an interesting Birth Cert actually.

Good luck.

Simon

Comment

Hello jbarrett this is a long shot I am researching an Elizabeth Barrett of St George in the East London born in Malta maiden name Elizabeth Grimsby I have met the brick wall and the of chance is your a desendent your post is very old but who knows I may be lucky details on www.grimsby.co.cc

Regards Dennis Grimsby

Comment

Welcome to the forum Dennis.

The original poster hasn't logged in for some time - might be worthwhile sending a private message - click on the poster's name to the left of first post and you will see an option to send message. Providing the email address is still current then jbarrett will receive an email notification of your message.

Might also be worthwhile starting a new thread with your query - you never know, some of our members may be able to help you.
                    Elaine

Comment

Working...
                    X