Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who are allowed to marry each other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who are allowed to marry each other?

I know that there is a correct name for this list of who by law is allowed or not allowed to marry........:o

*hangs head in shame as mother tuts in head about lack of knowledge despite upbringing*

However, although I know that 1st cousins are allowed to marry - I have a connundrum (sp). I have three brothers who married three sisters. Would their offspring have been allowed to marry each other as they would've been 1st cousins? I think I might have found a marriage but it doesn't 'feel' right.
    Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

is this what you mean Bo?

Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Yup, first cousins could marry fiorst cousins even unto the umpteenth generation and very often did, certainly in my family.

The smaller the village the more often it happened.

OC

Comment

I have an instance of two double cousins marrying. They had 3 children who all died in early adulthood without having any offspring themselves.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I too have an instance of double cousins marrying. Also have a few first cousins marrying.

As OC said the smaller the village the more often it happened.

The double cousins who married were successful in producing their own offspring who in turn went on and produced their own and so on and so forth.

I am in contact with one of the 2xGreat grandchildren of the couple.

I must add that I play a mean banjo :p :D
          Actually they are not in my direct line but the sister and 1st cousin of my own 3xGreat Grandfather.
          With Experience comes Realisation

Comment

Working...
          X