Cute babies thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These pics are all lovely

Merry I think 3 generations too... Winston Churchill, His Mum and his Grampa!!

Gwynne I just love the babes in hats :D

I don't really have any old ones on my comp must scan some. I don have this one although its not really really old.... taken 1952.

My Mum..

With Experience comes Realisation

Comment

Shaz - your mum looks very cute!

You want hats?

Comment

Good heavens, Merry...they look like those Anne Geddes baby photos...the ones where she dresses them up in sunflowers etc.

Beverley

Comment

Now those are what I call hats.
          Gwynne

Comment

I love this thread - here are my contributions

Aunt Neeta

Great Grandma

Stanley Titchmarsh

And I love the hats:D
            Last edited by vikki brace; 17-03-08, 19:59.
            Vikki -
            Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

here is my hat contribution

Vikki -
              Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

It seems to me there is a distinct resemblance between my OH

and his father

Beverley

Comment

Oh, Wow Bev , did they grow up looking the same?

This young man must have had a shower after they did his hair! pmsl

He isn't even a relative, and I spent ages trying to fit him into the tree :( He is Martyn Thomas Kennard b 1859 and it turned out his father worked with my great-great uncle, designing the Crumlin Viaduct in Monmouthshire (now sadly taken down).

So not all our (unknown) photos are relatives......something I think we should all bear in mind when trying to identify unnamed pictures!

Comment

One of mine .... with interesting finger prints

Was wondering about this Rachel.........could there have been a possibility that it was rescued from a house fire, as these look like sooty fingerprints?

Only mention it as I have several photos from mums side, which were rescued from a house fire, with the exact same sooty prints all over them.........all able to be restored thankfully, except for those which were affected by the heat.
                    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                      Oh, Wow Bev , did they grow up looking the same?

Partially, Merry....from the nose up, he was Daddy's boy....but below the noseline, he was all Mummy's Little Darlin'

On the subject of family resemblances, Walters 1,II,III & IV have successfully carried on the family genes...altho' Walter III, reputedly a mean-minded accountant, does not have the same open-handed appearance of his grandfather (who buried four wives) ,his father, or his own son.

I don't have many hats in my collection, but my daddy and his twin sported a pair of mean fur coats.

Last edited by Macbev; 19-02-08, 11:47.

Beverley

Comment

Not really a baby, but I thought this photo of my grandfather was rather cute:

Comment

That's a lovely photo, Mary...and I'd love to own that rocking horse, too.

Beverley

Comment

Here's one of my OH (the baby) and his parents and brother taken in 1945

Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

That's a lovely photo, Mary...and I'd love to own that rocking horse, too.
                              Me too, but I assume it belonged to the photographer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jen~Ealogy View Post
                                One of mine .... with interesting finger prints
                                Was wondering about this Rachel.........could there have been a possibility that it was rescued from a house fire, as these look like sooty fingerprints?
                                Only mention it as I have several photos from mums side, which were rescued from a house fire, with the exact same sooty prints all over them.........all able to be restored thankfully, except for those which were affected by the heat.

Not as far as I know ....
                                There's never been mention of a fire .... and the back of the pic is not in bad condition
                                I think finger prints do tend to show up more when a pic has been scanned ... but will investigate

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

It was just a passing thought Rachel, as I said, I have quite a few fire damaged photos with the very same type of sooty looking finger and thumb prints. Of course we know they were rescued from a house fire, as gran lost a baby to it due to the shock.
                                  Also, those of ours which were marked on the front were fine on the back too!

They have cleaned up very well though. And like you say, marks like that could be as the result of any number of things I imagine.
                                  Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Here's a close up of little Agnes and her hat from the 100 year old photos' thread.

Comment

That hairstyle again! (1940)

Last edited by Shirley silver surfer; 07-03-08, 20:34. Reason: picture deleted

Comment

....and who is that, Shirley???? Very cute indeed!

Comment

You'll just have to guess, Monty!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X