• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dare I own up!!!lol

It is me aged 18 months!:o:o
    Bit stubborn then!
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

HAHAHAHA Wendy - at least you are honest :D
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Just to let you see that you weren't the only cheeky one Wendy:-

and in a more goody goody moment ;)

Comment

Oh, they are all lovely photos......thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Just Barbara View Post
            Love Toms relative!
            Never mind his relative ....
            what about that fabulous iron work

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

*Rushes in*

Merry! Merry!

I have proof that the hairstyle was not unique - meet Great Aunt Selina.

My family obviously like hats - here's her sister Agnes
              Gwynne

Comment

Uncle Donald as a baby - see he's strapped into the chair.

A little older and another hat -

and with his sister - lovely curls -

Gwynne

Comment

Did great-aunt Selina grow up formidable? She has a very stern expression. Maybe it was the hair what did it?

Comment

Oh what gorgeous photos Gwynne

Comment

According to my Dad she was a "strong woman". I have no memory of her, sadly but judging from this she certainly was.

Gwynne

Comment

A few of my favourite 'cute babies'

Last edited by Macbev; 18-02-08, 07:57.

Beverley

Comment

Possibly my late Aunt and Grandmother
                          Very kindly enhanced by Rachel Scand - thanks again, Rachel
                          Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Ahhhhhh more lovely pics

Comment

Ooooo Joan I completely forgot to send you this one ....
                              different colours .... I do love this pic

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

So do I Rachel!! Thank you - she has dark hair and blue eyes like me!!!
                                Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

That hair was obviously popular for quite a few years!

These two photos are a bit of a conundrum! The one on the right is my registrar/genealgist cousin, Frederick Charles Hunt. He has put the date on the back of the photo, "about 1871" which would make him about 2 or 2½ years of age.

The left photo is Frederick's mother with a child and the photo has been taken in the same studio. However, I'm fairly certain it's not the same child, yet he/she (I think this one is a girl) looks about the same age. I can only assume the photographer didn't change his "set" for a few years, as Frederick's next sibling was almost three years older than him

Comment

One of mine .... with interesting finger prints

I've so enjoyed wallowing in all these baby and wedding pics today

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                                      That hair was obviously popular for quite a few years!

These two photos are a bit of a conundrum! The one on the right is my registrar/genealgist cousin, Frederick Charles Hunt. He has put the date on the back of the photo, "about 1871" which would make him about 2 or 2½ years of age.

The left photo is Frederick's mother with a child and the photo has been taken in the same studio. However, I'm fairly certain it's not the same child, yet he/she (I think this one is a girl) looks about the same age. I can only assume the photographer didn't change his "set" for a few years, as Frederick's next sibling was almost three years older than him
                                      Merry, I am convincinced that these 2 photos are the same child and taken on the same day with the same back drop. I can't imagine that two children would have an identical hair cut and the curtain also draped identically. i think one is with coat on and one coat off, even the chair is identically placed
                                      Last edited by Norfolk Marsh Gal; 18-02-08, 18:26.

Comment

I hadn't really studied the background. You are right!!

Coat on and coat off......seems reasonable! He looks a lot healthier in the photo with his mum though. Maybe he had a slap up meal between shots? lol

Comment

He does look a bit chubbier in the first photo, but he is also holding the same little stick in both photos and has the same little socks and shoes, I would think it too much of a coincidence for both photos to be so alike

Comment

Working...
                                          X