Land Registry - Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land Registry - Online

Has anyone bought any Title Registers and Plans? Have they been useful?

I've bought three so far and all of them unfortunately of zero usefulness. They only seem to cover recent years, unless additional covenants are mentioned.

I've had a total of three, one of which was my own house & one my father's.
    The latter has details of a restrictive covenant which I know also applies to all of the other properties in the area (a late 1960's housing estate) and I know it is now largely being ignored...

The one I was really interested in, a property in Chelsea that was my gt grandparents home from 1899-1957, had absolutely no information of value. There is nothing in the document to say when it was built, and no details of former owners.
    It is owned by a limited company, so I do not know whether it is now in commercial use, converted to flats or being rented out. I suppose I have to visit & see for myself.
    Last edited by Vicky the Viking; 08-02-08, 10:49. Reason: correction
    Vicky

Comment

I vaguely remember reading something about this - only the most recent "movement" is shown on the downloadable bit, or indexed on line.

If you want the history, I think you have to apply in writing and it is a LOT more expensive, as I think(?) they have now archived everything and retrieval costs come into it.

OC

Comment

Hi Vicky,

I seem to have experienced pretty much the same as you. I was hoping for information on owners, even if it was just a name, but there was nothing. I guess all I can say from mine is that the plans are the most interesting part as at least they outline the property boundaries. Saying that though the boundaries could well have changed over the years.

Hi OC,

Thanks for the info. I think I will give HM Land Registry a call and see what they advise.

PS. Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I've been away for a few days.

Comment

Working...
        X