Access to Dictionary of National Biography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to Dictionary of National Biography

Would by chance anyone have access to these books. I have searched my local area and although the University has one set it will cost $60.00 to obtain a library card just to view a copy. Checked local public library and they don't have the set. Checked on line and it's again rather pricey to view just a couple of pages.

Or if anyone has any idea on a cheap way of getting the information I need could you clue me in please.

Have to run to work in a bit but will check in later for any advise.

Thanks Debs

Is it the Oxford one you're after - I don't know if there's one for other countries. If so it looks like I can access it free from home via my local library. Is that any use?

By the way I didn't know until you prompted me to look so I might find it useful.

Jackie
    Jackie

Comment

Hi Jackie:

Yes its the Oxford one. I have an ancestor who I found a piece of an article on that apparently is from the Oxford Dictonary of National Biographies. Apparently there is a newer edition than the one that this tibit which mentions children. The information I'm looking for is on Benjamin Williams Mathias. If you could help me get a copy of that part it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
      Debs

Comment

Found it - if you'd like to send me your e-mail address in a PM, I'll send it to you.

Comment

Have just pm'd you

Jackie
          Jackie

Comment

Working...
          X