parish of St Dinebo,Llandinabo,Herefordshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parish of St Dinebo,Llandinabo,Herefordshire

hi...i have traced some ancestors john merrick b 1689 and anne jeffs b 1695 to Llandinabo,herefordshire....according to igi,johns parents were john merrick and joan merrick.....i would like to research john and annes marriage at st dinebo church in llandinabo...i can only find 6 sites refering to st dinebo...but No contact....when someone gets a little free time,could they possibly see if they can find a contact/e-mail address....thanks...i`ve hit a brickwall....regards...allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Parish Transcriptions - Herefordshire
    Jess

Comment

thanks jess...i`ve got about 7 villages in herefordshire i want to research...just had a quick glance...looks ideal...appreciated...regards..allan
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

The Herefordshire FHS might be useful

Herefordshire Family History Society - The Society

Jackie
        Jackie

Comment

thanks jackie....on one site it states there are only 462 people in llandinabo...not much hope of any parish contact...think i`ll have to go there when the weather gets better...regards...allan

Comment

There is a telephone number here for St Junabius Church, Llandinabo which is the only Church in Llandinabo listed on the Diocese of Hereford website

Hereford Diocese
            Last edited by Muggins in Sussex; 03-02-08, 07:31.
            Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

thanks joan(53 not 54)..interesting change of spelling Junabius and not Dinebo.On the Llandinabo/herefords community site its dinebo...strange..i`ll try googling Junabius...regards..allan;)

Comment

well joan..now i am confused...on myherefordshire.com.....llandinabo`s church is St Dinebo.......on Herefordshire Diocese site the only Llandinabo church is St Junabius.....could this be the same church,or am i cracking up...lol ...allan.....help someone!!!

Comment

Historic Herefordshire On-Line: Sites and Monuments Record database

this refers to both spellings - also that St.Dinebo's has a St.Junabus connection - might confuse it more...lol
                  ;) Helen x

Comment

thanks helen...i`ll have a look now...regrads..allan...right...according to that site,St Dinebo was designed in accordance to the 17th century ST JUNABIUS church of llandinabo....so either st dinebo is the new version of st junabius or there are 2 churches...maybe 1 catholic 1 protestant...no..not in a village of 430 people....more confused now...lol...allan
                    Last edited by garstonite; 03-02-08, 13:22.

Comment

LOL....as I feared!
                      ;) Helen x

Comment

i have just had a message via rootschat that i have quite a few more ancestors from llandinabo than i thought...just received another 4....from 1676-1685...so its important to find out if llandinabo church in 1676 was st dinebo or st junabius....i`m going to write to the lady vicar at st junabius..thanks for all your input....regards...allan

Comment

Working...
                        X