Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scottish Death Certificate

For the avoidance of doubt the Scotlandspeople website explains that an extract is an officially certified copy of a statutory register entry or copy of a parish register entry or census page and that extracts of births, marriages and deaths can be used for legal purposes or for formal applications such as passports. My own 'original' birth certificate is merely an extract.

Avatar - Frank sadly no longer with us 21/9/2013
    In FTF downloadable forms there's a pro forma for statutory births, deaths and marriages for anyone going to the Scottish GRO who then only has to write the information off the screen into the appropriate boxes.

When I went it also mentioned on the original marriage entry when a marriage had been dissolved and the date.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Quote Originally Posted by JBee View Post
    In FTF downloadable forms there's a pro forma for statutory births, deaths and marriages for anyone going to the Scottish GRO who then only has to write the information off the screen into the appropriate boxes.

When I went it also mentioned on the original marriage entry when a marriage had been dissolved and the date.
    Where do I find the downloadable forms Jbee??
    I've been looking but can't find
    With Experience comes Realisation

Avatar - Frank sadly no longer with us 21/9/2013
    Genealogy General

"Reference and How to Guides"

Sorry just saw your message.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Quote Originally Posted by JBee View Post
    Genealogy General

"Reference and How to Guides"

Sorry just saw your message.
    Thanks JBee
    With Experience comes Realisation

Blog Entries
    On the Scotland's People website it has recently released modern indexes up to 2006 for births and deaths. Marriages have to follow. The actual images are not available online but copy's of Extracts can be ordered online.

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
    Raven's Family Tree