No announcement yet.

Favourite weddings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1922 Double wedding of the girl in the above photo far right and the twin on the left (sitting on the ground), in front of the family pub, The Royal Oak in East Wittering, Sussex.

Two old boys in flat caps are looking out of the public bar window.
    Last edited by Jill on the A272; 11-02-08, 18:09. Reason: Added the gatecrashers!

Comment

My maternal Grandparents in April 1914. Probably taken after the event in someone's back yard in Bethnal Green!

Sue

Comment

My maternal grandparents wedding

Last edited by jean; 11-02-08, 20:23.
        Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

4. David George Haines and Alice Anderson 25 december 1905
          I suppose that's one way of making sure you don't forget the anniversary!

Will have to ferret around a bit more/ask people nicely to let me scan them before I can contribute any.
          Michael, aged 1/4 of a century

Comment

Finally dug out the stacks of albums from OH's mum who died in April. So many great pics and I thought this would be a nice wedding - haven't spotted any kilts yet on a quick recap just now.

Wedding was 1930, Calcutta Cathedral.

The bride had previously turned down a proposal from Monty the General, and introduced him to his future wife.

Last edited by Pippa Doll; 14-11-08, 20:54.

Jen xx
            "I try to take one day at a time but sometimes lots of days attack me at once"

;)

Comment

Here's another one from 1898!

If you look at the second photo in the first post on this thread you will see quite a few of the same people. This wedding was one Q after the other one. This time the groom is my registrar genealogist 1st cousin 3xremoved, Frederick Charles Hunt (did his tree for 70 years!) and his bride, Florence Williams. Sitting next to the bride is the groom from the earier photo and behind him, his bride.

They married at Quakers Friars Friends' Meeting House in Bristol which later became a register office (not any more). The photo rather put paid to my idea that Quaker marriages were very simple affairs!

Comment

What a brilliant thread. I have just spent ages looking through it. I shall be in trouble, I'm supposed to be sorting some old photos :D I'll have a look and see what wedding photos I can contribute.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

My Oh's parents - married 1937. Celebrated 51 years of marriage, before we lost Margie. She was only 4' 8"" tall.

Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Not the wedding itself, but the Diamond Anniversary of my great grandparents, Kate and William Bradley, in 1952.

I am sitting on my mother's lap next to my Great Grandmother.

Caroline
                    Caroline's Family History Pages
                    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Found another one ...
                      no date as yet but should be able to find it on Ancestry

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that in all these group weddings, there is the obligatory Auntie who doesn't know what's going on.

(You know, the one who turns up at your £35,000 wedding bash in her slippers)

OC

Comment

No idea who or where this is - I found it during one of my rummages - but it's always intrigued me - especially the umbrella as it doen't seem to be raining!

Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

I had forgotten about this one.

The double wedding of two sets of my maternal great grandparents. Their offspring married in 1928. This was taken outside Aveley Hall, Essex in 1890. My grandmother had written a list of all the people and who was standing where. There is still one person who I haven't managed to fit into the tree - she describes him as "the interloper"

Caroline
                            Caroline's Family History Pages
                            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

My Mum & Dad's Wedding in July 1947.

Comment

OH's grandparents wedding June 1911 in Leamington Warwickshire. They immigrated to Canada shortly after their wedding.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Again one of OH's - I might have to go looking for some old wedding photo's from my lines.
                                  This is OH's great aunt on his maternal side. I love this photo it's kinda quirky and was taken in Winnipeg Manitoba about 1908

Comment

Love that carpet, Zippy!

Jen xx
                                    "I try to take one day at a time but sometimes lots of days attack me at once"

;)

Comment

I've really enjoyed looking at all these wedding photos so I thought I would add a few of my own. These are the wedding photos of my grandparents

Firstly, Albert & Lucy Islington Registry Office, 1908

Second one is Cyril & Kathleen Euston Church, 1923

Last edited by Boudicca; 03-05-12, 13:22.

Comment

Mum & Dad Wedding 1947
                                        teresa

Comment

The Weeks family c.1904 at the cottage in Corston nr Bath where my husband lived as a boy.

This is his Gt grandfather Edmund Weeks born c1858 and Mary Hawkins born c.1856 with 10 of their 11 children.

The son on the left is the spitting image of my husband when he was a teenager and some of the others are the image of his cousins and uncle!

teresa

Comment

Working...
                                          X