No announcement yet.

Favourite weddings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nell, you're so right. Maybe it was used as the centrepiece at the Wedding breakfast in place of the cake! LOL

The baby is OH's uncle (yet another!) William Seldon, elder brother of the groom in the above photo and nephew of the groom in the previous photo, sitting on his mother's lap. I'm just glad the 'old dragon' sitting in front of the bride wasn't MY grandmother-in-law!
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

My Mum & Dad, Mollie Tivers & Roy Kilpatrick. 24th February 1945.

Mum was in a borrowed dress that my grandmother had made (she was a dressmaker) for one of her customers. Dad was in his Canadian army uniform and they spent a few days in Bournemouth on honeymoon before Dad had to rejoin his regiment.
      My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

My parents wedding - almost 55 years ago

L to R
        Pat Grandmother Abigail Clara
        pat Grandfather Gilbert
        Best man dads brother Bobby
        Dad
        mum
        Her bridesmaid was her cousin Cecelia
        Mat grandmother Alice Ellen
        Mat grandfather Frederick Lawrence ( and my fav person ever!)
        Jess

Comment

21 May 1932 my parent's wedding - the only family wedding photo I have apart from mine & my daughter's.

Mum always said that her dress was oyster coloured satin.

Cath.

Comment

Isn't she a little dot, Cath!
            two bridesmaids were presumably her sisters? the one on the left doesn't look best happy!
            Jess

Comment

Wow, what fabulous photos

Please keep them coming!!
              Rosi

We are the famous CFC

Comment

Yes Jess - she was 4ft. 10" (I'm soooo much taller at 5ft and half an inch). The short chap on the left was her brother - don't you just love the spatts - and the bridesmaids were my Dad's sisters. Quite how my Mum managed to produce my 6ft. 1" brother I'll never know!!!
                Last edited by Cath RJ; 23-01-08, 11:16.
                Cath.

Comment

Yes, spats were definitely "in" weren't they?

This wedding was in 1924:

I notice the groom is wearing a wedding ring, which I would have thought was fairly rare for a man in those days.......
                  Last edited by Pippa Doll; 14-11-08, 20:54.

Comment

Not quite sure who these pages & bridesmaids were attending, but I do know the page on the right was my Dad, aged 4-5 years old. That dates the photo at 1925/6 obviously in a studio in Sheffield.

this is another photo of the same wedding, without the bride and groom I'm afraid - I apologise for the quality

Comment

My mum and dad's wedding in 1943.

Mum was wearing a "utility" wedding dress (choice of four) and as you can see, it fitted where it touched!

The veil was a net curtain loaned by a neighbour and mum WAS carrying an artificial bouquet - don't know quite where when and how the prayer book came into it.

Mum didn't have any white shoes, so she blanco-ed her ATS issue shoes and got into terrible trouble (2 days loss of pay as well).

Mum was aged 16 and 10 months when she married - she looks so much older. This is not a good photo of my mother!

OC

Comment

Maybe the prayer book was so we could all see her flat tummy, esp if she was only 16!!!

Comment

Mum & Dad 1948

Dad used to say Mum got married in her nightie!!!!

Comment

LOL, Merry!

I've just spotted the bouquet, lol - the bridesmaid is holding it.

OC

Comment

my mum and dads wedding in 1972

my dads parents wedding 1932

**no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

James Thomas Cox & Emma Proctor

My g grandad's cousin Thomas Cox married in a small village in Oxfordshire in 1880 - unfortunately, I don't know very many of them.
                                Jenny

Comment

what an excellent idea for a thread. It really gives an idea of the best clothes of the time. I haven't got any wedding pics of my lot, not even mum and dad.

OC, your mum reminds me of an actress. Jennifer Ehle I think her name. Haven't seen her on the telly for ages. (and she looks lovely in that picture!)
                                  Rose

Comment

Wedding pics

This is my nan and grandad's wedding in 1940. The uniform is of the Fire Brigade.......and another backgarden.!!

Comment

Bridesmaid dress

This is my grt nan as bridemaid for her sisters wedding in 1913.

Comment

This is the only wedding pic I can find
                                        It's late, scary gt aunt's marriage ... 1949 and must have taken place somewhere abroad as I can't find it registered and as I don't know who her father was .... I'm stuck with my research

Last edited by Rachel Scand; 15-02-08, 16:14.
                                        ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

My great grandad's 1907 wedding to his second wife, who was to be a wonderful stepmother to the children. Her father is holding the photograph of one of his daughters whos was unable to be there.

Comment

Working...
                                          X