No announcement yet.

Help with FTM Book please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well not sure what useful help we gave apart from reinstalling - but glad it works.

Hope to see you more often on FTF.
    Elaine

Comment

Hang on spoke too soon.
      It's working when I only want basic info in the book but if I want the map and time line I get the adobe message again!!
      Oh well at least I can start compiling my book and add my own map and time line once it's printed.

Di
      Last edited by Tropicalmoment Queen; 21-01-08, 17:22. Reason: meant book when I wrote tree

Comment

glad you have sussed it Di

hope that you find lots more interesting things onsite
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hello Di, welcome to FTF :D

Have you included a timeline in your book? I had huge problems and was going crazy with frustration until I found by chance that the book WILL preview and load to the net if there is no timeline. Sorry if someone has already mentioned this but I haven't read all the replies yet, off to do that now.

ps, looking forward to seeing the book when you get it sorted;)
          Rose

Comment

Rosie - I think the time line might be the cause too.
            I will print off thye book and collate it with the journals my inlaws wrote before they died. Wish I had taken more time with my MIL but my children were very small and she died very suddenly in 1995. It's taught me to start putting my exciting life story together. I'm on page 50 and only aged 18. LOL

On another note How do I put a photo in my memeber details like everyone else? I might scare you all though.

Comment

on the blue nav bar at the top you will see:

user tools. click on that then user control panel then edit avatar. you should be able to add a pic from there.

Glad you have sorted your book problem. I was in tears of frustration and when i realised it was the timeline I just deleted it, even though it was something I wanted I was just so pleased to have sorted it lol.
              Rose

Comment

Hello Di and welcome

In answer to your last question, this link should help http://www.familytreeforum.com/suppo...ow-guides.html

Cheers
                Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Thank you all so much. I now need to find a suitable image to post.
                  I can't get over how helpful everyone has been today. I thought GR was good but FTforum surpasses this.
                  I will go and find an image and be back tomorrow. I have some transcribing to do for BMD too.

Di

Comment

Working...
                  X