This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help mouse !

My optical mouse has stopped working any idea why? No pretty red light and won't do anything :( I've tried unplugging it and giving the connection a good blow ! and tried plugging it into another usb post but no good. I've had to resort to using an old mouse which is driving me mad as it is also k*******d. Suggestions please or have I got to invest in a new mouse.
    Lesley passed away in November 2017.

Silly question - but does it have any batteries?
    Elaine

Comment

I don't think so, I can't see where there would be batteries. It is a bog standard mouse that came with the pc which we only bught last year.

Comment

My mouse batterys are conceled really well they are under the top the whole thing slides off is it wireless? If not maybey its a loose wire?!?

Comment

No its not wireless !

Comment

Have you tried rebooting PC, if you haven't done so already ?

I think it may have gone to optical mouse heaven :( and you
            need to buy a new one.

Clare

Comment

Same thing happened to me last week on 2 month old mouse. BT engineer who came to set up broadband just cleaned the light underneath with a bit of rolled up tissue and it works a treat now.

(Pity he didn't fix BT broadband talk properly when he was here - they want another £50 for him ot come back !!!)
              Cath.

Comment

Have tried rebooting and cleaning, no good. Have to go out later so may pop into Argos and get a new one they seem to be quite cheap these days, might be brave and go for a wireless one.

Comment

i have a logitech wireles one from pc world it was only about 10 pounds i have had it about 2 years and havent even needed to change the batterys!

Comment

Sorted ! Had to go out earlier and as we were going right past an Argos popped in and got a new mouse, only £7.97 (not wireless). Thanks for your help but as Clare said I think the old one had gone to mouse heaven. Would have expected it to have lasted a bit longer than it did though as we only got the new pc last August, but as it came with the "package" it was probably a basic cheapie and it had had a lot of use.

Comment

99p in 99p shop!!!

Comment

Batteries ???????????

Comment

Working...
                        X