No announcement yet.

Licensed Victuallers In 1838

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he isn't on 1841 census then those deaths Canadian cousin found might be yours. If you can wait indefinitely, the GRO death indexes are being digitised and should include age at death which might help you to decide if either/neither of these are yours.

Of course, in an ideal world, one of them will be the right chap, who will have died in his pub which will be named on the cert and the informant will either be William or one of William's siblings OR William's mother!!!
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thank you Tim,
      I have a feeling that you have found James's death and I will take a chance and send for that first certificate. I am sure that James would have been a Licensed Victualler in Marylebone as that is where all his children were born and most of the descendants.
      Thanks again
      jacquei

Comment

Thanks Little Nell,
        Yes I am sure that is James's Death details sent by Canadian Cousin, so I am going to send for certificate which may have some info as to where he died. Yes hopefully it will have his wife's name on it as I have no clue to who she is or William's siblings
        Thanks again
        jacquei

Comment

Thank you Geniedi,

I have saved that page to my favourites and will have a good search through it today

regards from sunny Spain
          jacquei

Comment

No problem, only just spotted the thread. It was set up by Ian "Pubby" Hunter, who sadly died several years ago and has been maintained since and added to. The information on it is immense.

Comment

What a shame Ian died as I note from the site that he come from Tiptree in Essex and that is where my husband Jeff and I lived for 25 years and raised two sons who attended the local schools. I was thinking of emailing him..but alas not possible.

regards
              jacquei

Comment

I believe a guy called Kevan who used to be on the Essex rootsweb list keeps it running now.

I'm originally from Dagenham!

Mum and Dad moved to Witham 3 yrs ago, I was in Colchester 18 yrs now in Harwich! Not the best move but I'm now waiting to move closer to my sons school in Manningtree

Comment

I know Manningtree well as I travelled to London from the station there to London Liverpool St and then on to Farringdon as I worked for a manufacturing jeweller in Hatton Garden for 10 yrs. Jeff and I lived in Nacton and I had a 15 min drive to station every morning at 6.00am. Ugh..dont know how I did it.
                  Manningtree is a beautiful place..the view across the estuary is stunning.

I notice that you have the name Everett - Hopton, Suffolk. My gt x 4 grandfather's first wife was a Hannah Everitt born 1750 Walton, Suffolk and they had a son William Johnson born 1769 Walton Suffolk

Comment

Working...
                  X