Two trees on FTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two trees on FTM

One is my side and the other is the OH side, now they are both on FTM is there a way I can merge the two together to make one big tree
    www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
    http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

Yes, just add your OH to Yourself and then they should join up!!!!!
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks Wendy, should make life easier having just one tree (she says hopefully) lol
      www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
      http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

Comment

Is there any way to do the opposite? I've been wondering if 2 trees might be easier for me to manage ;-)) Geraldine

Comment

Geraldine,

Ron at Genealogy Printers posted this response on "the other side" some time ago. You may find the website mentioned, which he created, of use.

"Splitting & Merging Files using Family Tree Maker
          Following on from another thread about family tree printing where I mentioned splitting family tree files so that only certain people are exported to a new gedcom or a new Family Tree Maker file, we have received quite a few telephone calls and private e-mails asking about splitting or merging gedcom or Family Tree Maker files. Due to the amount of interest in this subject I have created a website which is a tutorial telling you step by step how to export or merge only certain people from your Family Tree Maker file into a separate gedcom or Family Tree Maker file. The instructions on the website are for using Family Tree Maker as this is the most widely used program. I'm sure that some members will find it useful. This website can be seen here - Splitting a Family File "

Carol

Comment

Great! Thanks Carol.

Geraldine

Comment

Geraldine if you manage to do it please let me know how easy it was ??? thanks

Comment

It was easy enough, apart from me worrying that I was going to loose my tree completely! However, 1st time round I ended up with 10 files on my desktop. Got rid of them & started again & had the 2 trees I was after but they only showed direct rellies. Should I have fiddled with the number of generations? Geraldine

Comment

Working...
                X