No announcement yet.

2008 - just 4 more years till we can see the 1911 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling old here too :( All my grandparents were on the 1891 census! The release of the 1911 will be interesting but not get any new information for me.

Glad for all you other young things though :D. the 'gap' between the 1901 census and mother's and spouse's names appearing on the GRO index has made it very difficult for you.

Anne

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
      Shaz, I agree that it is very unlikely that England and Wales 1911 will be on the Scotland's People website, but there are quite a few websites that are in association with the National Archives, so it doesn't necessarily follow that the 1911 will be on the 1901 site - it may well have one all to itself.
      Yes I think there may be a 1911censusonline site.... what about 1837online... (think its called something else now) does that have census' on it?
      I'm sure Ancestry will get it too.

Originally posted by Bo the Bodger View Post
      My goodness Tom - you do know how to make somebody feel old - my father was born in 1904 and my grandmother in 1905.
      Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
      Feeling old here too :( All my grandparents were on the 1891 census! The release of the 1911 will be interesting but not get any new information for me.

Glad for all you other young things though :D. the 'gap' between the 1901 census and mother's and spouse's names appearing on the GRO index has made it very difficult for you.

Anne
      I'm actually feeling quite young as my Grandparents weren't born until th 1920's and they are of course my children's Great Grandparents, 3 of whom are older than Tom, also the fact that my lot are Scottish means I haven't experienced a problem with lack of mothers and spouses names..... except in the cases where the informants got it wrong :D
      With Experience comes Realisation

Comment

Presumably we're all now happy that Scotland Online (Scotland Online - Home) is simply an internet service company providing a service to other organisations: including both ScotlandsPeople and The National Archives?
        Our Clients
        At Scotland Online we are extremely proud of our Client list. We have worked with a range of different sizes of companies and in a number of different market sectors.

These include Royal Bank of Scotland, Standard Life, Scottish Widows, Scottish Power, Scottish Enterprise, Scottish Executive, Tunnocks and Black & Lizars.

Scotland Online were also a key factor in the development of Scotlands' People, the world's leading genealogy website.
        So there's no reason to suppose that the England & Wales 1911 census will be on ScotlandsPeople - or anywhere else other than wherever TNA decides it should be set up.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Well, as Ancestry have so far failed to reach an agreement with ??? whoever it is owns the Scottish censuses?? on reproducing the images of the Scottish censuses they have so far, then I don't hold out much hope that Ancestry will have the 1911 in anything other than a transcribed form.

Going on the standard of Ancestry's existing Scottish census transcriptions - I'm not bothered! Rather go straight to the horse's mouth, thanks!

OC

Comment

I would have thought the difference there is that no website except for Scotland's People has yet been given the rights to provide the images of any Scottish census - but loads of websites have the rights to show the images of all the English and Welsh ones, so I would think that by 2012 Ancestry, findmypast, The Genealogist and so on will be in the same position as regards the 1911 census as they are with the other censuses.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
            X