Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One to look forward to in 2008, Old Bailey online

1834 to 1913 Proceedings Digitisation Project
    From November 1834 to April 1913 the Proceedings continued to be published under the title of The Proceedings of the Central Criminal Court. We have received funding from the Arts and Humanities Research Council to allow us to add all 100,000 trials to this website. This project, directed by Professor Emsley of the Open University, Professor Tim Hitchcock of the University of Hertfordshire and Professor Robert Shoemaker of the University of Sheffield, is now more than half completed. A new website, replacing the current one and including all 200,000 trial reports published between 1674 and 1913, will be launched in the spring of 2008.

About the Old Bailey Proceedings Online Project

Still a long way to go till the one I want in the 1970's.........:D But I dare say it will be good news research wise, to people on here!

Oh, Spring 2008....when is your Spring up-over? How much longer to wait?
    At last I may be able to read the one I have been waiting for in 1840!! Yahoo!

Comment

Most of mine had already been transported by 1834 lol

Comment

Great news!

Was chuffed to find husband's London ancestor as a witness to a case of theft - he gave evidence that he had finished the watches which had been stolen.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Lyn, Spring here is usually April, May, June. So not long to wait really, says she hopefully waiting for warm weather to arrive
          Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Thanks Viv.....not too long then. Hope that they aren't running late!

Comment

Working...
            X