darsecret,can i have a wiki page pretty please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Lesley,

there was abit of naughty coding in the url... I have sorted it now, so if you click on my wikipage link it should take you straight to my wikipage

thanks hun you are a gem!!
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks for tidying it up Julie - in my excitement I didn't realise that it comes out without spacing, lol!

OC

Comment

Why do some User Pages names have a number after them? Mine doesn't but I've noticed that some others do.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

In case anyone's interested, once you've sussed out how the system works, you can go to Wikipedia and add or edit anything you like (provided that it's suitable for an online encyclopaedia).

It will be checked by somebody eventually, and I think new users are monitored fairly carefully to begin with to make sure they don't add rubbish.

Comment

Its one of the scad tasks, Mary.
            We tend to keep an eye on who has put what and where, check spellings, if neds be, and that things have been put where they should be.

It helps keep everything tidy and find-able again.

Is find-able a word?:o
            Jess

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
              Thanks for tidying it up Julie - in my excitement I didn't realise that it comes out without spacing, lol!

OC
              Thats ok, sometimes it doesnt matter, but I checked your page and noticed how you had set it out, and when it was saved it didnt resemble your "order", but when you come to add more, or even a pic then you will have abetter idea..

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
              Why do some User Pages names have a number after them? Mine doesn't but I've noticed that some others do.
              Wendy,

I don't know, is the honest answer, it might be something that is wiki specific.. I know that some usernames in wiki do have numbers after them, it might be their actual user number? ( when you join, you get a number that is assigned to you automatically) could it be this?

you can check the number against your own, or any other member by making a note of that number in wiki and then coming back to this site and finding that member and clicking on send a PM, in the url their username will be displayed alongside their usernumber.
              Julie

Comment

Its one of the scad tasks, Mary.
                We tend to keep an eye on who has put what and where, check spellings, if neds be, and that things have been put where they should be.
                I know the Scads keep an eye on the FTF wiki, Jess, I was referring to the fact that once you know how it works, you can do the same thing on Wikipedia .

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

I don't know, is the honest answer, it might be something that is wiki specific.. I know that some usernames in wiki do have numbers after them, it might be their actual user number? ( when you join, you get a number that is assigned to you automatically) could it be this?

you can check the number against your own, or any other member by making a note of that number in wiki and then coming back to this site and finding that member and clicking on send a PM, in the url their username will be displayed alongside their usernumber.
                  You are right Julie. I've just checked it out and they have the same number.
                  Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

oooooooo

I wonder why then, some have it and some don't.....

seems a bit perculiar..
                    Julie

Comment

Ok I've found the wike and peoples pages. Assuming I found it via google how would I then contact the person? Hope I'm not being stupid but its taken me a while to work it out.

Don't answer that question I just found the email this user link. However if the person who finds the page isn't an FTF user how do they contact?
                      Last edited by Kit; 01-01-08, 02:56.
                      Kit

Comment

wow, I did not realise I could do this - now I will have to spend more time on the computer and work out all my names etc etc.

I have not used the Wiki very much. Having been researching for 9 years, I pretty much know where i need to go next, just cannot do it physically from Australia, so there's probably lots in the Wiki I am missing out on.

Di
                        Diane
                        Sydney Australia
                        Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

well my thread has got people using the wiki.im still sussing it lol brenda xxxx

Comment

Since the 'wiki quiz' stopped, I am guilty of not using it often, although I do when I am stuck!
                            Rita

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/.../User:Nappycat

Comment

Folks,
                              Looking at the top of the page, your user page is the one behind 'your own name' - click on it - can you have a go on that one, not the one that says 'My Talk'

have a look here

Last edited by Jessbowbag; 01-01-08, 10:40.
                              Jess

Comment

I didn't know about this either!! Thanks to Merry and her budgie (or was OC's? - I got a bit confused) I'm fairly confident that I can go off and set up my Wiki page. Of course I may be back and eating humble pie...or bird seed, when I can't do it at all!!
                                Sue

Comment

S'okay - we are happy to help where its needed.

its your page, you do/put what you like

technicalities can come later
                                  Jess

Comment

jess found how to make bold,thankyou.will you delete whats not neede many thanks brenda xxx

Comment

Thanks from me too, Jess - I hadn't realised you could get to the user pages so easily
                                      Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

You can delete it brenda - that brilliant - well done

delete just the same way as you would here, with your delete key - go on, its all good practice
                                        Jess

Comment

Originally posted by Muggins in Sussex View Post
                                          Thanks from me too, Jess - I hadn't realised you could get to the user pages so easily
                                          You are trying to be clever! The cat sat on the mat , not the roof!
                                          Jess

Comment

Working...
                                          X