No announcement yet.

NBI is it worth buying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have particular counties of research - might be worth looking at the Family History Societies to see what they have have transcribed - parish records etc.
    Elaine

Comment

I did think about that Elaine, but some said it might not be worth it, so am more confused than normal lol:D
      www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
      http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

Comment

I suppose it is a very personal thing - what might be useful to you would not be useful to another person. Depends where you are in your research, how far you have got back, what sort of records you are looking for etc etc.
        Elaine

Comment

Think I need to have a look though what I've got so far (not look though my files for while what with Christmas etc etc), you never know something might jump out at me, thanks for you help, hope you enjoy the rest of your day.
          www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
          http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

Comment

It's produced by the Hampshire Genealogical Society (Hampshire Burial Index 1400-1837)
            Merry, do you know how I could find out about burials post-1837?

Most of one direct branch were from Hants/Berks, but I'm particularly looking for details of a burial in 1918, Bournemouth or Farleigh Wallop probably. Any ideas?

Bee.
            Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
            COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
              Erm.........*digs in drawer*

It's produced by the Hampshire Genealogical Society (Hampshire Burial Index 1400-1837)

I think I bought it via Genfair:

GENfair - Search

enter: hampshire burial index
              It's £20 plus p+p
              I joined the HGS just before Christmas. I obviously need to have a look & what they have available. Thanks for this Merry.

Comment

Working...
              X