browsing the parish records on cityark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• browsing the parish records on cityark

just been trying to tie up a few lose ends and been browsing some of the burial records on cityark. Quite amazing howmany people were unknown but given a temperary name. Just found on lady aged between 50 and 60 named Princess May.. Think that was a nice gesture to give her a name like that. One guy was just Norman unknown found in the canal.

If anyone else is searching for anything specific, I do have some Excel lists of date-spans for some of the images. That could save you looking at irrelevant ones.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I was just browsing and comparing from freebdm for the death of Elizabeth White b 1837. She is on the 1901 census at Higham so was trying to see if I could locate a death for her there. Husband was George White. I think gravesend district covers higham so I was looking for the dates on there first then seeing if there was one that would tally with it. Found one for 1911 that would be a year out in age but nothing was in the parish register for that date for Elizabeth White.
      If you see what I mean...lol
      I like to do things in a round about way.

Comment

Higham isn't one of the ones I've had occasion to trawl, so I don't have any lists for Higham.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thank you anyway.

Comment

could someone please tell me what cityark is? And is it available online?
            Kit

Comment

Cityark - Home

This site has loads of info for people searching around the Medway towns areas and connecting towns. Lots of parish records have been digitalised with a grant from the lottery. Has saved me a few quid as the marriage details are the same as whats on the certificate.

Comment

thank you will have a look now.
                Kit

Comment

Kit

The images are in lists of the image numbers, without any date info until you actually open them up. As I mentioned before, I'm quite willing to share the info I've collected for myself as to the date-ranges of individual images I've looked at. It might save you some hunting time.

Christine

Comment

im trying to research my great grandmother emily wood. she was born 7th september 1848 in murston kent her parents, father was solomon wood, her mother was hannah brooker. emily had 1 brother and 4 sisters. the 1861 census shows they were living in milton kent. any information on emily would be great many thks pauline whitcher

Comment

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm getting a blank page after entering a name in the search box. Anybody know if there's something wrong with the site please? I'm sure I've used it before without having a problem. I usually use Firefox but have tried IE as well.
                      Jenny

Comment

I dont ususally use the search box on there but I did just tryit and I also go a blank screen

Comment

I got a blank screen too.

Comment

I was getting a blank screen, using the search. But you wouldn't be able to find register entries that way, anyway. You have to trawl the pdf image via:
                            Cityark - Search Results

My offer in my earlier post - to make my so-far, partial date-indexes of the images available to people - still stands.

But Murston isn't in the current list on that page of parishes for which there are images. I don't think that the area extends quite that far SouthEast. That would tie in with this map:

Christine
                            Last edited by Christine in Herts; 20-10-08, 22:54.

Comment

Hello Pauline,
                              Emily is also my great grandmother and I have traced her family history back to 16th century. I am also in touch with many members of the family. Where do you fit in? Are you from Ernest Wood's family? I hope to hear from you soon. Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Mycon42 View Post
                                Hello Pauline,
                                Emily is also my great grandmother and I have traced her family history back to 16th century. I am also in touch with many members of the family. Where do you fit in? Are you from Ernest Wood's family? I hope to hear from you soon. Mary
                                Hi,
                                Welcome to FTF. This thread is several years old and it's possible the original poster is no longer active. It might be best to send a private message which gets notified to an email address. Click on the poster's name and select private message.
                                Margaret

Comment

Working...
                                X