No announcement yet.

Can someone help with year and place please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the angle of the pic is a bit misleading. Don't think it is quite as steep as it looks & I think it is my favourite Somerset beach. There are a few more beach huts there now & they cost a fortune on the rare occasions they come up for sale.

I think it is Dunster beach.
    Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Would that be close if they were staying with their daughter and her family in Clevedon Viviene?

MACPANDA'S FAMILY **Please click in**

Comment

I've just been watching The Blue Lamp, which was made in 1949, the ladies clothes look about then or perhaps the early 50s...

Comment

Dunster is probably about 50 miles from Clevedon, and it would have been possible to get there by train, as well as by road.

Nicky x

Comment

They moved to Clevedon in the early 50s to retire so that puts them in the right time frame to be at Dunstan or one of the beaches around Clevedon and the way you guys over there don't like to travel too far for a day out hehe I am betting on the closest beach to Clevedon...lol Thanks guys and HAPPY NEW YEAR I hope 2008 brings all your walls down and mine to..lol.

Thank you Barbara and Nicky

Comment

Just popped in to say Happy New Year McP,, It looks like most beaches in the UK so I'm not any help,
              Sheila
              I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Comment

Thanks for the New Year wishes Sheila and Happy New Year to you and OH to mate.

I am going to appease my couriosty with saying it is a beach near Clevedon in the early 1950s after they retired there and make myself happy with that...pmsl...All these lovely peeps have been very helpful Sheila and I appreciate their help greatly. I will just have to go over and walk the beaches? around Clevedon and see what has the similar view...lol *rushes out and buys numerous entries in the Lotto*

Comment

It was so sunny when I woke this morning that I thought about driving over to Dunster for you but then the clouds came over & I'm afraid you'll have to wait a little longer! :D
                  Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Have heard it is raining in Scotland and the Virgin Islands and it is here in Queensland now you say it is raining in the SW UK ... I think the flood is back better go build an ark...pmsl

That was a lovely thought Viv thank you very much.
                    Last edited by MacPanda; 02-01-08, 11:01.

Comment

Have just seen this thread .... and am reading it with interest
                      Can't be of any help with the location ... but googled Clevedon and thought this one looked nice

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Rachel steepish rocky down near water if they were watching grand kids swimming and there is the pier that Trish's OH was talking about

That is a good photo Rachel now why didn't it come up for me when I Googled maybe I needed an Apple Mac :D:D:D

Comment

Hi MacP .... I love your new signature ... aaaaaah

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Gee thought I answered you ages ago Rachel I must have clicked forum jump and forgot to click post quick reply silly old dufus I am...pmsl'

What I said back then was

Thank you I kinda melted when I saw it so had to have it...pmsl Lost the words when I shrunk it if you cant read it either it says PANDAS FOREVER aaaaawwwww couldn't go by it...lol

Comment

Hi MacP
                              I can read it .... it's quite a good size :D :D

Comment

aaawwww thank you Rachel isn't that just sooooo cute. I have snaggled it mate thanks.

Comment

... how about this one ? .... lunchbox ?

Comment

pmsl Rachel got a full video of that one and it's brothers and sisters thank you but they sure are beautiful. Soooo tiny at birth and grow sooooo quickly to.

Comment

Working...
                                    X