WIKI trouble again want to oder a IOW cert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick link straight to the page

roll your mouse wheel down, or slide the side slider down, see what is on the page

Links
    General

Isle Of Wight FHS Includes BMDs (ongoing) <<Thats a good one

A Miscellany of Genealogical Information for the Isle of Wight

Alan McGowan's Hampshire and Isle of Wight Family History pages

OPC

Archives

Local History Society

Isle of Wight History Centre

Family and Social History

Isle of Wight Record Office Has Online databases of Pauper Lists and Alehouse Licences - on-going - More databases expected in the future

Isle of Wight Policemen, Mostly 19th Century

A Directory of Isle of Wight Photographers 1860-1940

Isle of Wight Brickmaking History

Maps and Photographs

Isle of Wight Historic Postcards

Photographs of The Isle of Wight in 1910 Includes some Churches

Descriptions and Photographs of Towns and Villages in the Isle of Wight

Countywide Interest

Specific Town/Village Interest

Ryde Cemetery Records
    Shalfleet Parish Records
    Shalfleet Rolls of Honour WW1 & WW2
    -------------------------------------------------------

On the page, click on the one I have highlighted in red - the wiki page, not this page
    Last edited by Jessbowbag; 20-12-07, 08:02.
    Jess

Comment

I didnt realise you could click on the red highlighted stuff !!!!!
      Thanks

Comment

Sorry Val - bad choice of colour there on my part - anything BLUE in the wiki you can click on and it will take you somewhere else
        Jess

Comment

Val, I got my certificates from the County Hall, High Street, Newport. That is the same place where we registered my FIL's death. Not the Northwood address. The Records Office don't issue them.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

It's that old confusion about the names: Record Office (Archives and such) and Register Office (Official registration & certs)!

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
              It's that old confusion about the names: Record Office (Archives and such) and Register Office (Official registration & certs)!

Christine

It is indeed

What I was trying to do was actually help Val negociate the wiki - she says she finds it hard - and is brave enough to say so.

I was just trying to point out some of the stuff that is in there , not what Val should or shouldn't use
              Jess

Comment

thaks to you all for your help, dont know about being brave Jess stupid more like .

Comment

Erm, NO not stupid at all- you never will unless you say- what is the point of us putting it all in there if people dont say ''help? I cant find XYZ ''
                  Jess

Comment

Val just found this. You can order online. Seems a bit pricy though!!!!

Isleofwight Birth Registry
                    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

No, Jess - I didn't mean you were giving Val the wrong info - it was simply an observation/reminder for others looking in - at least partly because the same issue surfaced on another thread a few days ago.

No - if people want help on any aspect of the board - or even for things outside it - it makes sense to ask, because people here accept that we're all on different stages of the various relevant "learning curves" and can help each other.

Christine
                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
                        Val just found this. You can order online. Seems a bit pricy though!!!!

Isleofwight Birth Registry
                        Definitely one to avoid! Twenty five pounds for a certificate!
                        Elaine

Comment

Especially as it seems you can order online from the IoW Register Office, using the info from the IoW FHS site! And pay the standard £7 fee.

Christine

Comment

thanks everyone been busy trying to get my laptop installed so not been around.

Comment

Working...
                            X