Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WIKI trouble again want to oder a IOW cert

Question WIKI trouble again want to oder a IOW cert

I dont know why I have trouble with it but how do I find the Isle of Wight record office number thanks

have you found the isle of wight page ?
    Jess

ok, then put these 3 words in the white search box.....

Isle of wight

have just checked - the address for the RO is on that page
    Jess

thanks Jess I seem to get a mental block when I go on the WIKI

have you got it yet?
    Jess

yes thanks Jess but there isnt phone humber for the records office would that be because you cannot order direct from them ????

I have no idea - sorry - I guess not

Let me have a look around for you , see what i can find
    Jess

If you use the BMD search on the IoW site, it throws up a link to an application form (with the Local ref - which you'd need, because the GRO ref is irrelevant to them) to be printed off and sent with a cheque.

but it does include this info:

Please send your application to: Isle of Wight Register Office, Northwood House, Ward Avenue, Cowes, Isle of Wight, PO31 8AZ, UK.
    Tel. 01983 821000. Email: registrars@iow.gov.uk

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

One of the links i just looked at was a £25 a cert link - dont use that one FGS
    Jess