No announcement yet.

Marriage c 1830 Notts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matthew Fox married Mary Coleman 7/2/1831 Kirkby in Ashfield.

I have Nottingham BMD's on CD if you want any more info.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Oooo Wendy, you couldn't sort out my Barkers for me could you?
      I've been toying with the idea of buying the cds but having just cleared out my bank account with a new to me car I've had to put it on the back burner.
      Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Let me know who you are looking for and I'll see what I can find. Please remember though that not all parishes are covered.
        Wendy

Comment

You're a gem Wendy!

I'm just about to have my dinner so thenI'll sort it all out & get back to you.
          It's Kirkby in Ashfield I'm after!

Comment

Vivienne I have looked for Barkers in Kirkby in Ashfield, but I am afraid I cannot find any!!! Sorry. Why some of Kirkby in Ashfield's records are on the CD and not others I do not know.
            Wendy

Comment

Oh Wendy! Great news for Chrissie! She will be thrilled. Wonder where she is!

Comment

Oh Wendy, you're a gem, thank you. I take it that you have ancestors from Notts. If I can ever return the favour with a photograph of anything just let me know.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I'm here Lyn - you'll be able to sleep tonight now lol)

Comment

Thanks for looking Wendy,
                    I've just been trying to put things in some sort of order & realise just how sloppy my recording of stuff has been.
                    I'm sure everything I have found has been on the IGI but I haven't made any notes to that effect. I've tied gt grandfather William to a couple who were married in St Marys Nottingham & a whole bunch of siblings but how can I be sure this is right.
                    I've also got back another couple of generations but when I looked at the IGI recently I couldn't find them.
                    One of these days I'll have to get up to Notts RO & try & sort it out myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                      I'm here Lyn - you'll be able to sleep tonight now lol)

I just got up!! LOL!:D:D

Comment

Oops - I think I may have got my time differences mixed up :o:D

I think there are people who go to the Notts RO Viv who may be kind enough to look for you. I would offer to go myself but I think it may be in the middle of Nottingham and I wouldn't know where to start. If you ever want any photographs though

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
                          Vivienne I have looked for Barkers in Kirkby in Ashfield, but I am afraid I cannot find any!!! Sorry. Why some of Kirkby in Ashfield's records are on the CD and not others I do not know.
                          that might be because of the fire?? and some records were lost in said fire (St wilfreds) that is..
                          Julie
                          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I've just been looking on BT Viv to see if there were any Barkers in Kirkby-in-Ashfield but there aren't. There are a few in Sutton-in-Ashfield and surrounding areas though. Do you think there may be any still living?

Comment

Vivienne

It might be worth trying Freereg as it has transcribed lots of Baptism for St Marys Church Nottingham but I'm not sure about marriages. Also gives addresses as well.

Lin
                              Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Chrissie, my GGG Grandfather Thomas Witham was born in Skegby and his daughter Sarah, my GG Grandmother was born in Sutton in Ashfield. Her son, my Great Grandfather, was born in Mansfield Woodhouse.
                                Wendy

Comment

Chrissie, my GGG Grandfather Thomas Witham was born in Skegby and his daughter Sarah, my GG Grandmother was born in Sutton in Ashfield. Her son, my Great Grandfather, was born in Mansfield Woodhouse.
                                  Thomas's Dad Francis? and mother sarah?? 14/03/1798?
                                  Julie

Comment

Just looking back in my notes...

The PR's that were burnt in the fire in 1907 (St Wilfreds, KIA)

from Feb 3rd 1864 to 16th Jan 1907
                                    Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                                      Thomas's Dad Francis? and mother sarah?? 14/03/1798?

Francis Witham (1767 Derby) and Sarah Lowe (C1767 Mansfield) married 18/1/1796 St Peter, Mansfield, Nottingham
                                      Wendy

Comment

Is this the curse of the IGI submitted records, I wonder.

I've now found my file with loads of baptisms in Kirkby & a couple of marriages.

Comment

Wendy and Viv - as I said, just let me know if I can take any photographs of anything for you. Preferably after I get the decs up though

Comment

Working...
                                          X