Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Winner of WDWTYA? 6th December 2007 is.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Elaine / Kite
    I am pretty sure they were both born Ireland. I could kick myself for losing the census entry I found ages ago. I will look through all my paperwork and come back tomorrow to let you know if I have found anything.
    Thank you both for coming back to the thread, I was beginning to think I had become invisible - LOL!!
    Lynne
    Last edited by Granny Lynne; 10-12-07, 17:53.
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

PS: Eliza's mother was Margaret Delaney.
      Lynne
      Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

I've tried using the search on findmypast for households containing Delaney and Ford, but there's no matches. I could ask for varients on one name or the other (so did that) but not varients of both together.

Comment

Thanks for trying Merry. I will come back tomorrow when I have checked my paperwork.
          Lynne
          Lynne

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Lynne View Post
            Thank you both for coming back to the thread, I was beginning to think I had become invisible - LOL!!
            Lynne
            I think we are not quite sure what we can do to help??

Comment

OK, thanks Merry.
              Is it OK if I come back with another one tomorrow?
              Lynne
              Lynne

Comment

Keep them coming Lynne - we might eventually find one that we can help you with!
                Elaine

Comment

OK Elaine, Thanks, Be back 2morro.
                  Lynne
                  Lynne

Comment

I thought I'd found them for a minute as there is a Margret Delany (age 52) in Salford in 1861 with a daughter Eliza age 25, but Eliza is unmarried and there is no Francis. Bother!
                    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I've looked at all the male Fran*s born Ireland 1835-1839 and in Lancashire on the 1861, and got precisely nowhere!
                      KiteRunner

Comment

Good morning all you lovely people who are trying to help me.
                        Well, I have looked through all my paperwork and cannot find ANYTHING. Maybe I was dreaming that I'd found them. (But I know I definitely did find them, it's just so frustrating).
                        Anyway, I will look for something else for you to get your teeth into - back soon.
                        Thanks again.
                        Lynne
                        Lynne

Comment

Right, here goes! Can anyone find Sarah Owen, born 1876 after 1891 census.

This is her family in 1881:-
                          Joseph Thos. OWEN Head M Male 36 Manchester, Provision Dealer
                          Ann OWEN Wife M Female 37 Manchester,
                          Fanny OWEN Daur U Female 15 Manchester,
                          Joseph Thos. OWEN Son Male 13 Manchester, Scholar
                          John OWEN Son Male 8 Manchester, Scholar
                          James OWEN Son Male 6 Manchester, Scholar
                          Alice OWEN Daur Female 10 Manchester, Scholar
                          Sarah OWEN Daur Female 4 Manchester, Scholar
                          Joseph ROBINSON Boarder U Male 61 Manchester, Labourer In Printing Works (Joseph Snr's uncle).

Joseph Thomas Snr died 7/3/1889 and Ann remarried on 23/5/1889 (a bit too quick for my liking - LOL!) to Thomas Parker.

I have them in 1891:-
                          Thomas Parker 52 (Durham, Newcastle)
                          Ann Parker 47
                          James Owen 16
                          Elizabeth Parker 16 (Warwickshire, Birmingham)
                          Sarah Owen 14

All the other children had moved out by then and I have all their marriages but I cannot find Sarah, either married or unmarried in 1901. I have tried all the usual methods, ie: checking marriages then looking for Sarah with the appropriate surname and age but without any luck.

Can anyone find her or advise me where to look next please?
                          I would also like to find Thomas Parker with his previous family but again have had no luck with that.

Thanks in advance.
                          Lynne
                          Lynne

Comment

It's a pity we can't establish which is Sarah's birth registration as there are various possible middle names which might help pin down a marriage.

Comment

Hi Merry
                              I think the most likely one is
                              Dec Qtr Prestwich 8d 353
                              as most of her siblings were registered in Prestwich (except Alice who was registered in Reddish, Stockport).
                              Lynne
                              Lynne

Comment

Lynne, do you have the name and occupation of Thomas Parker's father from his marriage cert, please?
                                KiteRunner

Comment

Oh dear, there are so many Sarah Owens! This could take a while...!
                                  KiteRunner

Comment

Hi Kite

Sorry, my internet connection went down so I have just spent the last hour or so looking for Francis Ford in 1861.

Thomas Parker's father was Peter Parker, a basket maker.

Lynne
                                    Lynne

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                                      Oh dear, there are so many Sarah Owens! This could take a while...!
                                      As there are lots of Sarah Owens born around 1877 in Manchester and most of those probably married in the area, I can't see how we would be able to tell them apart in 1901 unless the had other family members living with them.

For instance, I have eliminated ONE marriage to John Fishburn in 1895, because though there are Owens in their house in 1901 they are not the right Owens!!

Comment

Merry

It looks like I will have to give up on this one too then until I can get to see the parish records.

I think I have picked all the impossible puzzles in my tree - LOL!! If I can come up with any easier ones before Thursday I will come back with the info.

In the meantime, thank you all for all your help.

Lynne
                                        Lynne

Comment

Is Peter recorded as deceased on marriage cert?
                                          Vikki -
                                          Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Working...
                                          X