Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John CREWE in Oldham Lancashire - any help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

er..... you could try TNA site Paul, I think it is...

or praps try A2A.. that might help.

I'm not 100% as my wills have been alot later and had to send off for them, but you might strike lucky!!

might be better as well to put up a fresh thread asking about wills?

I think you have to look in a calendar (PCC's) which is accessable at most RO's for some of them
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

have had a bit of a look,

but am not sure how to search this site.. praps this will help you Paul

The National Archives | Getting started | Family History | Wills
      Julie

Comment

Thank you for that Julie. Had a bit of a look at those references and it won't be easy but I will follow it through and see how I go. Looks like there will be nothing online though.

Paul

Comment

Paul,

dunno if you have looked in our wiki, but there is this, it might help??

Julie

Comment

If he died in 1852 then you would be unlikely to find a will in the National Probate Calendar because it started in 1858. If you look at the Index to Death Duties Register on findmypast (it is in the Births, Marriages and Deaths section for some reason) then there should be an entry in there somewhere for him if he left a will, but it is not fully indexed by name so you have to trawl through. I had a look on "Lancashire Wills Search" at Lancashire Will Search
            but I can't see him on there. Not sure if it covers the 1850's, though.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I checked those references thank you very much, but my John Crewe wasn't there so it looks as though a will is not an option.
              Paul

Comment

Hello Paul, ---I've just popped in to say--- that in my side of Townsville it is 33 deg's hot and humid -I live by the dam, Where are you ??? It's weird we both live in the same town on the other side of the world, and on a site in the UK
                Sheila walking cat.gif
                I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Comment

Sheila................glad you caught up with Paul.

I didn't want to say where you were as you don't have it on your location, but thought the same myself.

Comment

hello Harry's Mum --thanks fine--- how is it down south ???
                    Sheila
                    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Comment

Just a thought...but if the only Wrekin is in Shropshire and in England on the Welsh borders..then I would think that Pembrokeshire would be the place of birth........I am not sure that an Englishman would say he is Welsh any more than a Welshman would not say so.....Wrekin could be a mispelling of a welsh town or village......Trecwn comes to mind...but there may be several others.....I don't know that Crewe is a welsh name ..but there is a town called Carew in Pembroke...in fantasy land now...bye

Comment

That's a very good point Colin about the English and the Welsh - I may start another thread asking for information about any Welsh town/village that sounds or looks like Wrekin. I think I may be getting closer thanks to everyone's help.

Paul
                        (I'm in Toolakea Sheila. The world gets smaller every day!)

Comment

Working...
                        X