How to put columns of figures in numerical order help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to put columns of figures in numerical order help please

If I type acres of columns of years is there a quick way of getting them into date order please. I am sure somone helped me with this a couple of years agao.

Which program are you using? Word?

If so, select the column of figures with the mouse, go to the Table menu, and choose Sort.

I generally put the figures in table form first, but you don't have to.

Comment

Mary yes I will be using word I am transcribing acres of info from the IGI.

Comment

Lindy,

Do you know that you can export IGI records as a GEDCOM file? I believe there's a limit of 50 records per file, but no limit to the number of files you can download (as far as I know). You can then presumably import the GEDCOMs into whichever family history package you're using.

Hopefully easier and quicker than transcribing each record yourself manually.

Going to bed soon, but I hope this is clear -

Tim
        "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

If it's a table with several columns, you can generally highlight the whole thing and then sort using one column. It's easier to do it in a spreadsheet than a table in a text document.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
          X