This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanner Problem

On Thursday I got my new computer up & running, connected Printer, works fine.
    Installed scanner & it said installation successful but I haven't tried to use it til today.
    I keep being told scanner not found. I uninstalled & started from scratch again. Installation successful but when I tried to use it, still told 'Scanner not found':(
    Any suggestions please!!!!
    Vivienne passed away July 2013

Is it an all in one printer/copier/scanner?

Have you tried going to:

Start then
    Control Panel then
    Printers and Faxes then
    find the icon for your new printer/copier/scanner then
    right click on the icon then
    tick 'Set as Default'

It could be the computer is still searching for your old one.

Comment

Hi Snowdrop, no they are separate.

I've tried both ways I can think of.
      A) pressing the button on scanner
      B) start, programmes, scanner

It's the computer that's new not the scanner, I'll try the control panel if I can find it & let you know.

Comment

Hya Viv
        All i can think of is that your new PC is a Windows Vista maybe ?
        And also maybe your old scanner is not compatible with Vista ?
        Correct me if i'm wrong.....then i'll get me thinking cap on again .Lol !! :D

Comment

Hi Valley, no it's XPpro

Found the control panel, scanner is listed but says unavailable.

Think I'm going to have to call the guy who built the computer tomorrow.

Comment

Oh hope you get it sorted, i've just emailed my brother who is a whizz at PC/IT ...you name it, until then, good luck
            Valley xx

Comment

Thanks Valley.

Snowdrop, I tried right clicking on the icon but there is nowhere to click set as default.

Comment

That would only apply if it was an all in one (printer/scanner/copier) as you would be setting the default printer.

If it's a stand alone and it's showing an icon on there, technically it should work!!

Wait and see what Valley's brother says.

Comment

We once had that problem with our scanner and I uninstalled it a few times and reinstalled and eventually it worked, then it would suddenly stop again and we got the same message as you, that it couldn't be found.

A friend then downloaded the set up and software for it from HP's site , putit onto disc for us and it has worked fine since that, so maybe it's a problem with your installation disc.

Christine
                  Christine in Portugal

Comment

Have you got up to date drivers for it?
                    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi Wendy, spot on, but I've just spent ages trying to do it with Rod on the phone helping & he thinks I've confused the computer by putting the old system on it & I have to take it all down to him to sort out. grrrrrrrrrrr

I'll take it down shortly, at least I have the old computer if he needs to keep it awhile.

Comment

All sorted folks, thanks for trying to help me, it took Rod quite a while to get it sorted but he didn't charge me. Chased me out the shop when I offered to pay.:D

Comment

Working...
                        X