No announcement yet.

Can someone please help me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris, I'll send you a PM because I don't want to post up their email address on the thread.

If he was buried in the place he lived before the place where he died, it could be that the burial plot was already paid for in advance?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

HI

Well it all ties in then.

Marion P (K) Smith was living with his stepson at the time of the 1920 Census see my reply number 19

Mari* was shown as a Widow as well.

Jessie (O) Ragsdale was still alive at the time of the census with his wife Annie and 6 kids at home as well.

So I would say you have the right man just a pity that name name WESLY doesnt fit with what we can see in the census as being the father of Mari* P K Smith.
      WendyP

Comment

Wish i knew tho if the jessie i seen at that cematary that died in 1930 is the same jessise o ragsdale im sure it it is but him and marin died in 1930 if it is.Now his dad being wesly maybe thats his first name or middle name i dont know.also on the death cert it said marion was born in 1844

Comment

Chris, don't forget that the info on the death cert is only as accurate as the knowledge of the person who registered the death. My Granny's death cert says she was born in 1913 because that's what she told everyone, but she was actually born in 1910.

As for Jessie Ragsdale, I suppose you could get a copy of his death certificate too and see if the info matches? I can't see any reason why he couldn't have died in the same year as Marion - unless I'm missing something?
          KiteRunner

Comment

any new info

Comment

HI

I don't know about anyone else but I have exhausted all I can on this family.

Apart from communicating with Marion Polk Smith himself from the grave to ask him who his father is and where he is buried.

Sorry,
              WendyP

Comment

Chris, did you try contacting that person via ancestry (I sent you the email address in a PM - hope it reached you?)
                And have you ordered a copy of Jessie Ragsdale's death certificate?
                And contacted the people who look after the cemetery where Marion is supposed to be buried to ask if they can help you find his grave?

I can't really think of anything else to try until you have tried those ideas out.
                KiteRunner

Comment

Yes i emailed the the person but never got a reply.If I could track down clemmie kids kids maybe they would know something but its hard to do that

Comment

chris have you looked on the lds site i found a lot of mine there brenda xxx

Comment

what site is that?

Comment

This is the site, Chris:

FamilySearch.org - Family History and Genealogy Records
                        KiteRunner

Comment

Hey could you give me the address to the people on the site that you said had mooses in there family treee and marion ?

Comment

Hmm there was thsi woman we talk to that said she was related to us some way but not sure how and her dad name was marion guy smith and on ancestery i only see him one time wondering if anyone could help me out on this to see if how he was related to marion polk smith because its weird him haein the same name as my great gradfather that died in 2002

Comment

Chris, I sent you a couple of PM's with contact details for the people who had Moses in their trees, hope you got them.

I might not have time to look for Marion Guy Smith for a couple of days what with Christmas shopping and everything, but maybe some time next week.
                              KiteRunner

Comment

Sorry, Chris, but the only entry I can see for a Marion Guy Smith on ancestry is in the WW1 draft registration cards and my sub doesn't allow me to look at those so I don't know what it says on it, but anyway, if his middle name isn't given on the censuses then I don't think I would be able to pick him out from all the other Marion Smiths. Perhaps you could contact the person who was related to him and get more info from them?
                                KiteRunner

Comment

HI Chris

As KiteRunner has said, you need to speak to this woman again and ask her for some more info.

Maybe them someone can help further with your requests.
                                  WendyP

Comment

Thats all she new was her dad was marion guy smith and she was relatied to us some way.She is like 70 something now so you cant remember much

Comment

Chris, I wonder whether she might have a load of old documents stashed away in the loft or somewhere that might help?
                                      KiteRunner

Comment

I dont think so.Its weird tho that marion g dad on the 1910 as nocodia smith i thinkt hats how you spell it but anyways thats the only time you see him and no other time

Comment

Sorry, Chris, I've tried looking for Marion G Smith and for Nocodia Smith with or without Soundex on the 1910 census but I can't see the entry you mean. Searching for Nocodia Smith just comes up with "no matches" whatever I try and there seem to be no Marion G Smiths in Alabama and only one who was born in Alabama but doesn't seem to have his father with him? If you can give me another clue to find them in 1910 perhaps I can start from that.
                                          KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                                          X