Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farnborough's family histories - do you have an association?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farnborough's family histories - do you have an association?

Hi,

I've setup a new non-commercial web site looking to uncover more secrets about the people of Farnborough’s roots and how the town has changed over the years. Historic Farnborough is charting the history of the town and its residents over the last 150 years as it has grown and expanded.

The aim of the site is to show how Farnborough has changed during the 19th and 20th centuries and into the 21st through family histories, memories, a virtual tour of local landmarks and an interactive gallery. The site also shows how parts of the town's heritage have been lost and aims to try and preserve it in a small way.

Old photographs and information have been obtained from a number of sources and are regularly being added to with recent photographs of the town to provide an authentic 'now and then' comparison.

Did you know that Napoleon III is buried in the town and that his widow Empress Eugenie lived on the Farnborough Hill estate? Or that Farnborough used to have a workhouse on Union Street, or that Southwood used to be the site of army barracks?

If you or your family has an association with Farnborough, either currently or in the past, then we need your help to submit details of your family histories, photos and memories, some of which could be linked to the Farnborough Hill estate, the workhouse, the army population, or any other part of the town’s history. It doesn't matter whether it relates to something in 1800, 1900 or 2000 - it's all part of Farnborough’s history.

If you want to help record parts of your family and Farnborough's history and share your memories and information about the town, you can do so through the submission form on the site.

Historic Farnborough: Historic Farnborough

I hope you can help.
    Thanks.
    Jon

Hi Jon - and welcome to the site. I am glad you took up the invitation!
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
    X