Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a free program to write a PDF file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a free program to write a PDF file?

I would like to write to a PDF file (like Acrobat but I think you only get their reader free). I do a newsletter for a society and am fed up of seeing it mangled by other peoples' computers:(

I send it by email and it gets printed out for display on noticeboards. I do the layout and the font really carefully but if I send it out as a Word document it depends on the receiving computer as to how it gets printed.

I seem to remember reading that there were free writer programs. Has anyone used or can recommend one, please?

Anne

Try PrimoPDF - Free PDF Converter - create high-quality PDF from any printable file type - it is as good as any - but there are loads out there!
    Let's re-arrange the deck-chairs

Comment

Thanks Mark - its good to have a recommendation.

Anne

Comment

It works fine - I used it before I splashed out and got Acrobat.
        Let's re-arrange the deck-chairs

Comment

I used to use Primo at work (before we got office 2007). It gives really good results and is quite painless to use
          https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks very much to Mark and Grimsqueaker for recommending Primo pdf. I downloaded it and converted my newsletter into pdf. It was quite easy once I'd worked out that its really a virtual printer and not a program! The recipients seem pleased with the result as well!

It occurred to me that people on here often have difficulty putting files into a format suitable for another person to open. I recommend converting it to a pdf. It will then automatically open with Adobe.

Thanks again
            Anne

Comment

Working...
            X