No announcement yet.

Family Historian 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keptin - I can't find the exact answer to your question in the FH user group but I am fairly sure you could do it. If you have access to a printer that prints on rolls of paper you would need to specify that printer in the "printer setup" part of FH.

If it can't do that, then you can do a virtual print to a .pdf file (free programs are available) and then print onto your roll from there. Someone was asking on the User Group about printing to a plotter on A0 sheets and the .pdf was the answer to that.

Anne

Comment

Thanks Ann,

I've just had a look at the specs for FH and it would appear that you can "custom" your tree chart to any size page.
      So the printer setup in the FH program must be able to handle any page size as long as it's within the specs of your printer.

I've got a freebie disc from an old issue of YFT which offers trials of most Family History software. I'm going to have a little looksie at that before I part with my cash but so far it's looking like FH is going to be my new program, just getting a bit fed up with FTM, charts in particular.

Comment

I don't think you'll regret it, Keptin. I know its not the most used program on here but I have not yet found anyone who doesn't like it.

As previous posts have said you can use it on a simple level or a VERY complicated one and all stages in between. I'm somewhere in the middle. Whenever I want to know how to do/if it will do something there's always the User Group to sort it out as well as the much improved FH help files.

Good luck
        Anne

Comment

Ok Im going through the tutorial step by step and have reached the "scaling a diagram to fit a page size" I've got the page boundaries showing and every time I move the boundaries the FH programe stops responding. The demo is version 3.0 and I'm using vista. So,please can someone tell me if the problem is a conflict between version 3 and Vista or the demo default or something else?

Comment

Keptin - that's too hard a question for me!:o

I think it would be a good idea for you to join the FH user group. I'm sure you'll get an answer on the forums - there's some really knowledgable people on there. (Its not quite as busy as here though so you might need a day or two to get a reply!)

Anne

Comment

Thanks Ann,

Your quick off the mark anyway!
              Thought I'd have to wait until tomorrow for an answer.
              Must be someone on here who has installed version 3.0 on vista.?

Comment

The current version of FH is 3.1.2.

3.0 had a few bugs which have now been fixed, but as far as I can tell 3.0 was supposed to be Vista compatable. However a few people on FHUG reported problems with diagrams on Vista, so it may be worth getting the 3.1 demo to see if it solves your problem.

Downloads

It also may be a problem with your printer drivers. There have been a lot of issues with printer drivers under Vista, so you should make sure you have downloaded the latest Vista compatible drivers from the printer manufacturers website.
                Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
                Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
                Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
                Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
                Devine in Ireland

Comment

Thanks Pete,

Never simple is it?

Comment

Version 4 is due to be released in February 2009. For more info click on this link -

Comment

Working...
                    X