No announcement yet.

Free web counter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You all have vists from Belgium now!! I use www.sitemeter.com on mine in case you need to change again ....
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Have just been looking at the statcounter forum and have found this reply to a question about 100 logs maximum.

Reply: Just as clarification: each project gets all the hits tracked, but at any one time you can only see the details of the latest 100 hits in the log, since that is the log's capacity.

Now to me it appears that the web counter will continue to rise, but only the last 100 hits are logged - that is you will only be able to see the statistics for the previous 100 hits.

We will see!!
      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
        Thanks for the link Caroline - will bear it in mind in case we have problems with the statcounter one.
        Elaine

Comment

If it is that, I dont care, I mean, youd have to be a sad ****** to sit there looking at where your hits were coming from wouldnt you So the last 100 is fine, I just wondered if that was the ruse, wind us up and then say, oh now you have to pay.

Comment

Heather -. I think time will tell. Just hope I haven´t linked us all up to a dud one!!!
            Elaine

Comment

Elaine - it wouldnt be a hanging offence - honest.

Comment

I'm such a sad ****** that i have only just seen all the fresh posts on the htread:o :o :o
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Lol, I have had the same ones, London, USA. I still want to know WHO sat there reading it for more than an hour but still didnt contact me.

Comment

Just noticed that i have had over 20 hits from the US as a result of google matches in 2 days. It even tells me what the keywords were in the search. In this case they all match ( "glen jones birth name") which seems kind of wierd.

They are from all over the east coast of the US. Either i'm wanted by some CSI/FBI dude or there is a college project going on somewhere.

Erm just checked the 2nd page, another 17 US hits from search engines, Washington, Florida, The Deep South, Kentucky, Dallas.

Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th, 78 hits from google searches, at least i know thae googole matches are working!!!
                    Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 18-02-07, 14:03.
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
                      Help, got to the bit where it says highlight and save gobble de gook - dont understand all the rest - save on notepad stuff??????:o

Using windows notepad, macintosh simpletext or any other simple text editor, open the file for the web page on which you want to install the counter (most likely, index.htm or index.html)
                      note : the file must be opened in 'text mode'. in simple text editors that's the default, in others you need to specify it.
                      Put the cursor just above the </body> tag as shown below (or anywhere else between the <body> and </body> tags if you know what you are doing)
                      OK I am nearly in tears of frustration here!!! I have got to the stage Heather mentions above, ie copy the code. BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT TO DO NOW :o sorry to shout...

Can someone please help me?? WHERE do I paste it?

"ote : the file must be opened in 'text mode'."...???? WHAT?!

Family Tree Maker's Genealogy Site: User Home Pages: The Family Tree of Rose Clayton
                      Last edited by Rosie Knees; 15-03-07, 16:15.
                      Rose

Comment

I have found windows notepad now. So how the hell do I open "the file for the web page on which you want to install the counter" in it?

:( :o

~~~~crumples to the floor sobbing~~~~~~
                        Rose

Comment

Go to your web page and click edit
                          Select the option as if you were going to upload a photo on to the web page - you will then be given two boxes, one for the photo title and the other for the photo description.
                          Paste the code into the description box.
                          Close web page
                          - open it again

.. and with any luck it should show up on your web page.
                          Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine, I have returned with my composure (almost) intact!

So, now I know where to go to paste. Do I have to actually put a picture on as well? I have tried pasting and closing and re-opening but no good. Also tried pasting and clicking the Add Photo Now button but then it says 'please provide a file'

I am calm, I am calm :o ;)
                            Rose

Comment

yep, I needed to add a photo too.

I wasn't really ready to add photos but it worked!!:D

Thanks Elaine, I would never have managed it without you guiding me to the right place lol.

have a cyber bouquet
                              Rose

Comment

Thanks Elaine have managed to get it centred but cant understand why photos are underneath when that was last pic with the code ;;;weird
                                borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Glad you managed to follow the coding instructions! They are not as difficult as they look!

I think you might find Babs that you have added it to the last photo in the listing when you go into edit mode - which may not be the same as the last photo on your page when you view your home page.

Why they are different - I do not know!

The thing to do is to view your home page and note down the last photo that you can see. Then go into edit mode and add the coding to that photo, regardless of where it appears in your listing in edit mode.
                                  Elaine

Comment

Thank you for this Elaine... have added one to my own webpage...

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
                                    Raven's Family Tree

Comment

If you click on the counter on your home page, it takes you to the Statcounter home page where you can view the statistics.

Login to your account and click on your project name and you will see a list of statistic options in left hand column. Click on Recent Visitor map and you can see where your visitors are from - can be quite interesting. (Its sometimes slow to load so give it time).

You might see that you have had a visitor from Spain!
                                      Elaine

Comment

lol thanks Elaine....

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
                                        Raven's Family Tree

Comment

Many thanks again Elaine all sorted at the end and in centre ;;;great stuff ;;
                                          mind how did you know what areas people were looking from couldnt fathom that out ;;
                                          borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Working...
                                          X