FMP hints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP hints

Are FMP pushing the boat out on this service now? Never had any before and now I’ve been bombarded by 27 all in one go! A quick look at each email and about 75% seem relevant to me. Some are definitely not as they are fit searches I have been doing to help other folks and they are based on the person you were looking at. Some of them are searches that I did months ago and although the hint seems like it might be good, I can no longer remember who/why exactly I had been looking up. If I login in and then click the the links in each email will I then get why it is that they sent me each hint?

There was a thread about this recently. I turned them off as they all seemed to be about 3 weeks behind my actual search activity.
    Anne

Comment

I remember reading about this a few weeks. The consensus seemed to be (if I remember correctly) that they're about as useful as Ancestry's leaves.
      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

How do you turn these hints off? I got 8 today, all irrelevant.

Comment

You need to go into My Account>Communication Preferences. There's a place there to control the emails they send you.
          Anne

Comment

Thanks Anne. I don’t have any today but after I have checked out the mega bundle from yesterday, I will turn them off if they were not that good.

Comment

Working...
            X