Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free access to Newspapers.com this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free access to Newspapers.com this weekend.

It's Presidents Day Weekend in the States so they are opening these archives.

The largest online newspaper archive. Used by millions every month for historical research, family history, crime investigations, journalism, and more.
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

rats, should have made a note of a few I had stumbled across, never thought!
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Oh dear -hope I don't need to go on the site over the weekend, then!

Have fun all those of you who don't have a sub and make the most of the opportunity. Can't begin to tell you what gems blanket searches for one surname in a specified county in one decade can produce - I found the newspaper report of my parents' wedding!

Doh, didn't read it properly - thought it referred to the British Newspaper site :( * makes note to oneself - wake up and engage brain before posting *

Jay
      Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 15-02-20, 10:58.
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

omd I'm having a field day here.. got lots of info
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
          Oh dear -hope I don't need to go on the site over the weekend, then!

Have fun all those of you who don't have a sub and make the most of the opportunity. Can't begin to tell you what gems blanket searches for one surname in a specified county in one decade can produce - I found the newspaper report of my parents' wedding!

Doh, didn't read it properly - thought it referred to the British Newspaper site :( * makes note to oneself - wake up and engage brain before posting *

Jay
          there are some British papers on there Jay.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I didn't go to bed till 2am, found one of my airmen and then got lost in Canada/New Jersey/Massachusetts, awesome
            Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
            http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Only wanted to find three things. Couldn't find any of them. One was in Detroit and the other two were Georgetown, Ontario, Canada. No papers for Georgetown. Then I thought I might try to find something in Staffordshire UK but no papers for there either. I now have a linked guest account that I can't cancel. I have also spotted that without asking, I was signed up to loads of emails etc., signed up to allow any member to contact me and all my clippings would be public. I also can't delete the one clipping I did make as I clipped totally the wrong part of the page. Found clipping easier to do within Firefox. Not impressed.
              Last edited by GallowayLass; 15-02-20, 15:17.

Comment

Working...
              X