X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dealing with photos with multiple persons on them

hello all

i am fairly new to genealogy.
    but have hit a brick wall regarding photos with multiple persons in them ,wedding photos for example.
    i have photos with up to 60 people in them, who have been identified by an aunt, but many of them have nothing to do with my lineage, but as they attended my grand mothers wedding i would like to include their details some where and to clearly link the facts of those individuals to the individuals in the photo so that future generations can also identify them
    also any facts i do not want to lose
    who knows the course of online genealogy in the future
    i would be grateful of any help in this matter

many thanks in advance

patrick

Welcome to FTF, Patrick.

I put the world and his dog on my tree. This means you need a tree programme that allows you to have floaters. I use Tribal Pages for this online. It isn't a problem on my paper tree because I write copious notes, lol.

OC

Comment

This is what I do for class groups, team photos etc.
      Scan the photo, insert the image into a text box on a word doc.Add name date, venue and occasion. Insert a reduced version onto another sheet and add the names of people underneath/around the edges, adding comments if you wish - Mary Smith aunt of groom, John Lincoln lived next door to Aunt Flo etc. I sometimes use arrows to connect the name with the person.
      I've done the same things with maps to annotate where one family lived throughout their lives, or in mining community, to show whereabouts in the neighbourhood the different strands of the extended family lived.

Jay
      Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 14-02-20, 18:53.
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Family Historian has the facility to tag people in a photograph - the software allows you to add an unrelated individual into the database.

Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

sorry not getting back sooner but have had problems logging on
          thank you all for your help i am looking int the various options
          many thanks
          patrick

Comment

Working...
          X