No announcement yet.

No birth certificate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right....I shall try to obtain more details and post the situation exactly and hope that his relatives won't see this post. (Million to one shot) watch this space.
    Thanks a lot for your advice so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Wild View Post
      Right....I shall try to obtain more details and post the situation exactly and hope that his relatives won't see this post. (Million to one shot) watch this space.
      Thanks a lot for your advice so far.
      If it is recent i.e. since 1920 with no death, please don't post the details here. The million to one shot is exactly why we have the Ts and Cs about not posting living details.
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
        no didn't change his name, but on the face of it on the register it looks like I have registered him twice (2 years apart) just from Ancestry,
        A re-registration after marriage is a separate entry, so he has been registered "twice". It will have a different reference, but will be in the same district as the birth (although the information can be given elsewhere). The original entry remains, and certificates can be obtained from either.
        It is a legal requirement to do - not optional (although many parents don't realise).
        For such a re-registration you can't change the first names, with the only exception being where the father's surname was given as a forename, but can change the surname (but only within certain rules).

A completely different process allows a given first name to be changed within 12 months of registration (in some circumstances), that is done by adding it to the original registration, so that isn't a new entry, but it may create a separate index entry under the new name (but will have the same reference).
        Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
        Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Mark

Send the details to one of us by pm on here and that person can pass the details round by pm to anyone else who wishes to help.

OC

Comment

Hi, sorry for the delay in update, but I solved the mystery. It was not a twin, simply the same person entered twice(long story) and the second time he was entered it was done by handwriting which was badly written and transcribed incorrectly. Thanks for your help everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X