X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Morrison

Hello all!
    This is my first post.
    I have a friend in Mexico with an ancestor called George Morrison who emigrated from the UK to Mexico in about 1850 when he was in his late teens. He found work as a miner in the mine called 'Mina Las Dos Estrellas' in Dos Estrellas, Tlalpujahua, Michoacán, México. I said I would try and investigate his ancestor as he would be very interested to find out more about him. If anyone has any advice about how to go about this, I would be very grateful for that.
    Thanks in advance,
    J

Just had a quick look on FMP and there are loads of George Morrisons born 1830 ish travelling to America 1850 ish but nothing for Mexica.

Can you give us any more info as a lot of people were travelling from Ireland around that time because of the potato famine.

Sorry forgot to welcome you to the site
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

With that surname he had Scottish ancestors! Did he go on to have children? If so, what were their names?
      Kind regards,
      William
      Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

Hi
        Thanks for the replies.
        Unfortunately I don't know any more information at the moment. I'll try to contact my friend to ask him if he's got any more information and I'll post it up if he does.
        Thanks again,
        J

Comment

Looks like we have a few common ancestors! I live in Lewis and my granny's parents were both Macleods from Point. Interesting!?

Comment

Will pm you!
            Kind regards,
            William

Comment

Just so that others know - JonGil and I are third cousins, once removed
              Kind regards,
              William

Comment

Originally posted by wulliam View Post
                That's good news! Were you aware of each other's existence before?
                Caroline
                Caroline's Family History Pages
                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Very vaguely but we'd never talked. We spent a very pleasant hour finding connections ?
                  Kind regards,
                  William

Comment

Originally posted by wulliam View Post
                    Great that you have found each other!

Comment

Working...
                    X