• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hebert M Tasker address in the 1891 please, Goole area

Herbert M Tasker head abt 1859
    Martha E Tasker wife abt 1867

Louisa Hawkshaw abt 1867 servant
    also a member of the Hudson family in the house.

The familysearch summary states Hook Parish, Goole
    Looking to see if there is an address listed please to confirm Goole Town itself or Hook.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Glen,
    Address is 103 Edinburgh Street, Goole.
    It seems to still exist - map here:

Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

1901 they are at 18 Cecil Street
      1911 same address
      1939 both still alive and still at 18 Cecil Street.

1911 - records one child born who has died before 1911. They have actually recorded the child's name and then crossed through but the info is still clearly legible: John Herbert Tasker, under 1 month, born Goole.

Is there any more info you want?

Christine
      Researching:
      HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Thanks for that, the 103 nowadays is a newer building. I do know there was a plot with several buildings approx. 400 sq yds taken by a builder somewhere on Edinburgh Street. I've spotted two or three possibles for where that may have been, the builder was called Tasker too but no link that I can find.

1881 (pre marriage) I know the Tasker family is connected to a boarding house in Edinburgh Street, possibly the same address. Louisa the servant went onto marry HMT's brother and both lived in Cecil Street just a few doors apart from each other though I hadn't picked up how early the family had links to the street. I feel another lengthy call to my sister while she goes delving into the old OS maps again
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
        My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
        My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
        X