trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble

I am having trouble trying to finding a year of birth for a person called Annie Williams who married Charles Frederick Clark, (his details are fine) I sent for the MC and have found that Annie's fathers name is Morris Williams, occupation is slate merchant, Annie and Charles married in the Isle of wight in 1925, and they were living in Cowes.

I have found a Morris Williams on the 1939 Reg and he is with a Fanny Williams, the dobs given, are 2/01/1885, 8/12/1872, respectively. I have tried to find a marraige for Morris and Fanny so it would give me MMN which might lead me to finding Annie's birth, but no luck so far.

Any help would be great its typical that the surnames are two of the most common ones.
    GWEN

I forgot to say her age on MC is 23 so her yob is 1902 as she married in 1925.
    GWEN

Comment

Not having a lot of luck but 1939 register has in pencil above Fanny's name o/w Arnold. Does that mean she is Fanny Arnold and pretending to be Morris's wife while married to Mr Arnold.

Just by the name Williams and his occupation being a slate merchant sound as if he could be Welsh.
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I think welsh too and yes I checked the surname Arnold out and I also wondered about the gap in Age.
        GWEN

Comment

giving up my mind has blown with looking at all those Clark's and Williams!
          GWEN

Comment

have you not found her on the 1911 census Gwen?

do you know where she was born?
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

this is a Morris Williams that is a slate labourer in festiniog.... in 1911

1911 https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...=try&h=2131734

Source Citation
              Class: RG14; Piece: 34340; Schedule Number: 45
              Julie

Comment

can you post the 1939 link Gwen? [do you have ancestry???] if not can you post up a transcript of it?

ta
                Julie

Comment

you dont think this may be her
                  MARGERY ANNIE S
                  Last name WILLIAMS
                  Birth year 1904
                  Birth quarter 1
                  Registration month -
                  Mother's maiden name -
                  District Isle of Wight
                  County Hampshire
                  Country England
                  Volume 2B
                  Page 597

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                    can you post the 1939 link Gwen? [do you have ancestry???] if not can you post up a transcript of it?

ta

this is the link https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...=successSource
                    GWEN

Comment

this family live all over the place started out in Romford, then the next generation were in Berkshire, then a couple married in Isle of Wight and then Charles Married Annie in Isle of Wight (probably because his father was from there) but I not found that she was born there I was thinking what would her father be doing on the isle of Wight if he was a slate merchant.

Julie I think your 1911 return looks good I am going to check it out, thank you.
                      Last edited by Gwen@coggiecorner; 05-02-20, 16:00.
                      GWEN

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
                        Not having a lot of luck but 1939 register has in pencil above Fanny's name o/w Arnold. Does that mean she is Fanny Arnold and pretending to be Morris's wife while married to Mr Arnold.

Just by the name Williams and his occupation being a slate merchant sound as if he could be Welsh.
                        and maybe that didn't work so well in the IOW as he is now a labourer?

So many Williams in Wales...

Could be a coincidence but Sydney Williams is living next door on 1939 register b 1901 so maybe too young to be a son and too old to be a brother
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                          this is a Morris Williams that is a slate labourer in festiniog.... in 1911

1911 https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...=try&h=2131734

Source Citation
                          Class: RG14; Piece: 34340; Schedule Number: 45
                          I had his DOB though as 1872/3 but from the 'other' 1939 with Fanny.

Do you know when Morris died Gwen? just wondering if he left a will or if it was mentioned in the local paper?
                          Julie

Comment

you have not found Charles Frederick Clark or Annie on 1939? what is his dob? is he from IOW?
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
                            X